Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice please

Options
  • 18-08-2008 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi all.
    i am a mature self employed engineer and competition engine builder
    i am looking for some advice for part time courses I am looking for a fast track way to get some certification with computers. at present i would regard myself reasonably proficent but by no means an expert.
    I have decided to do the cisco ccna course in waterford IT i realise this is tough but i have been studying cisco press exam cert guide and have sourced a cisco router as preparation.
    also I have been looking at the comptia a+ or the euro cert in maintenance and networking pc expert would like opinions on these two courses
    also wit web design course.
    i have about 20 hours a week to study my aim is to pass these within a year and have a reasonable good base of qualifications that i could use to enter the industry on a part time basis or to make myself more employable abroad as i would like to spend 3-4months a year travelling.
    I realise that without actual work experiance it doesnt make me qualified but i will work on that as i have some contacts in the industry that could help me.
    I would like to say i am very determined and very confident of my abilities I would like to know if this is acheviable and if i have picked the right selection of courses
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭boogey man

hi no replies:confused: i would really like some advice here as these courses are expensive and i would like to know if my aims are realistic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

boogey man wrote: »
    hi no replies:confused: i would really like some advice here as these courses are expensive and i would like to know if my aims are realistic
    Why not look at getting some MCP's and possibly the CCNA. From what I know the CompTIA a+ and n+ exams are basic enough - more for those starting out.

The CCNA would give you a good network infrastructure qualification and MCP's would give you qualifications in client OS and server OS.

I wouldn't bother doing a web design course unless you are actually into that field. It is not just something you can learn in a classroom.

Advertisement