Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best game endings

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Seifer wrote: »
    Final Fantasy VIII, I nearly cried a little.

I actually cried. After positioning all my junctions perfectly, with my best team and optimised weapons, the b*tch randomly picks one of my team, Selphie and the ghey cowboy!

Best game ending, for me, goes to Shadow of the Colossus, closely followed by Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy IX.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Jesus that was awful. Dreadful ending, at least GoW was coherent in its brainlessness. FFVIII was just awful waffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Please tell me you're joking? It's full of plot holes. It's like they re-edited the story a few times but forgot that parts of it would make no sense if they took certain bits out.
    "Oh look for no reason my dad has maps of the entire planets core."

"Oh now we're going to get a train. Why?"
    "Because we put the bomb that still needs a target on it. And it's speeding towards a broken bridge. Better hurry up"

Final Fantasy VIII stank something awful, the first disc was brilliant but it was pure garbage after that. If it wasnt for Seifer and Zell I wouldnt of bothered even playing it tbh.

Like we all know the GoW story is pretty crappy but it the last part with the
    queen talking
    was pretty cool, kind of leaves you guessing.

On another note, was anybody kind of disappointed with Lost Odyssey's ending?

I didnt really care for it much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭eggplantman

mgs4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Ooh, I just remembered Red Dead Revolver, I loved that ending,
    where you finally track down and kill the man behind it all, and pick up your daddy's gun, say "it was never about the money", and just walk off into the sunset.
    It was just classic western badassery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

super metroid - when samus gets her kit off haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Portal, Half-Life and Half-Life 2

Doom episode with the rabbit on a stake :D

Mass Effect was a good ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,436 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

COD4
    Deus Ex
    Half Life