Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsofts Reporting Services

Options
  • 18-08-2008 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Does anyone know anything about this?

I have seen samples of what it can do - and it looks very impressive. Exactly what i need.

I only have a SQL Server 2005 Express - the free version. I presume i need the full version - thats ok?

Also, do i need Reporting Services as a seperate download - or is this part of the SQL Server package?

Is it difficult to get up and running?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I've used it a fair bit. Normally it's using the full version and it's included with the main installer, it's an option you can tick on or off during the install. You can also install it seperately after, kind of like add/remove features more than installing something seperate, and you have to do some configuration on it manually that way, usually better to just install it with your database server instance.

There is actually a free version too, although I've used it it looks pretty full featured.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms365166.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

the configuration isnt too bad, once you get down to it. Main issue most people have is not enabling the certificate for the machine and forgetting that they need IIS

Advertisement