Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Congrats & Welcome!

• 18-08-2008 3:05pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Congrats to all those who successfully got a place in their course in WIT! The first round of CAO offerings came out today. Welcome to the WIT Forum and welcome to WIT!

Hopefully this forum will serve as a useful place to ask any questions. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Kidd-o

Yeo, pretty happy with myself I'm in!

a little freaked, not the biggest fan of change but wayhey new things! :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Kidd-o wrote: »
    Yeo, pretty happy with myself I'm in!

a little freaked, not the biggest fan of change but wayhey new things! :P

Tis a grand place - no need to be freaked!

What course ya doing?

legal studies! =D

Sully could you be a dear and tell me where humanities is done? is it college rd??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Welcome one and all, it really is not that bad :P. They will keep telling you that as long as you attend the lectures you should pass the first to semesters easily and its completely true !! Really take that advice. I bailed on so many lectures, now I have to retake tests in less then a week and it ****ing sucks. SO LISTEN TO THEM AND GO TO ALL OF YOUR LECTURES !!!!

never mind, i stopped being lazy.

yeo i'm excited now, i have viewings for accom sorted for tomorrow!! yey!

ohh thanks for the welcome! :p:p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Kidd-o wrote: »
    legal studies! =D

Sully could you be a dear and tell me where humanities is done? is it college rd??

Ya I think all the Humanities courses are done in College St. campus. Best of luck :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 Mr. Blah

Got WD163 Psychology :D
    A little freaked about moving to a different county but at least it's not too far away :) I'm from Cork so at least I can travel back to see family/friends on the weekend cause it's only about 2 hours away :P

and only 16.50€ on the train. (I'm from cork too :P )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 Mr. Blah

Now that's better! Didn't know there was a train for Cork-Waterford :P Will probably take that so :D
    At least this way I'll be pushed to actually start learning how to drive :pac:

Well welcome along :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭jakedixon2004

Well i got comp forensics and i have a 5 hour bus journey from galway to go to WiT . Does anyone one know what the story is with on campus accomodation because i was told that there were almost 200 people on the waiting list but most of them were on the waiting list for Manor village , i have applied for colledge fields where there only appears to be 40 on the waiting list . Do u think that i should apply to places like Lismore Park and Templars Hall or wait until friday when i should get word on wether i have got campus accomodation or not

Well i got comp forensics and i have a 5 hour bus journey from galway to go to WiT . Does anyone one know what the story is with on campus accomodation because i was told that there were almost 200 people on the waiting list but most of them were on the waiting list for Manor village , i have applied for colledge fields where there only appears to be 40 on the waiting list . Do u think that i should apply to places like Lismore Park and Templars Hall or wait until friday when i should get word on wether i have got campus accomodation or not

Hey,
    Welcome to WIT & congrats on joining an exciting and decent course :) Ill probably meet you at some stage as that course ties in with my course (tho ill be two years ahead, we always get to know first years).

Plenty of threads about on/off campus accommodation on the forum, so do a search or flick back a few pages - kinda wanting to stop new discussions arrising and just use the old threads if you dont mind :) If anything on those threads isnt answered or if you have a specific question then create a new topic :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Welcome to WIT! You'll love waterford, we all had our doubts before coming here or attending the college but they are quickly dismissed. Feel free to ask questions or advice, we all aim to help.:D:D Take christophicus's advice go to class,well the vast majority, no unnecessary tea breaks and you'll be fine for the first two semesters. It's not all library days and nights just generally good attendance and a little study.

Anyways best of luck. Prob see you jakedixon2004 as sully said your course does tie ino ours and we do try to integrate all the classes together for events and the likes.

Congrats again and laters guys:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭jakedixon2004

Thanks lads and i look forward to meeting ye in September

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

Aye looking forward to september too. Regeristration for 1st years is September 3rd (day of my debs :() and 4th (day of my hangover :p)!

I got my course, Criminal Justice, cant wait to start. I think we start on the 8th? Thats according to the timetable they've put up http://www2.wit.ie/WITResources/AcademicCalendar/

Thanks for the welcome Scully and co. :)

wayhey thanks for that link!!! Im all excited now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭King Ludvig

No problem. :) All the info for new students is here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Lou110

wahay. starting w.i.t on tues. doing multimedia applications development. tis great to see some cork people on here ha ha.... kinda scared though tis a whole new experience like. dieing to get started though.

i kno im late on this but thanks 4 the welcome sully :)

Advertisement