Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

installing Nokia ck-7w

Options
  • 18-08-2008 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

hi,

i'am wiring up a nokia ck-7w car kit only using the bluetooth setup. from the wiring I have the following wires

blue to igns supply
    green to amc <- whats this connection
    yellow to mute
    red to constant 12v
    black to earth.

when i wire up the control box ( leaving the green wire off ) there is no indication light on the button when the ignition turned on.I have also tried connecting the green wire to a 12v supply with the same result.any idea's as to whats wrong as I've tried a second control box without any luck.

thanks in advance

brendan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

The green wire is for an electric aerial.

I have noticed that sometimes the blue light doesn't light up. I have installed a good few of these things. Sometimes the blue light will only come on once you press the button to activate the kit. Can you hook your phone up to it via bluetooth?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

The blue light should flash when looking for a phone ans light up when connected

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭v240gltse

hi,

thanks for that. I'am using a nokia e61i but it doesn't find the car kit when searching for it on bluetooth :(. how long should i press the button to activate the unit ?

Chet T16 there is no flashing light either :(.

i have checked for voltages and earth which are fine at the unit itself.

regards

brendan

The green wire is for an electric aerial.

I have noticed that sometimes the blue light doesn't light up. I have installed a good few of these things. Sometimes the blue light will only come on once you press the button to activate the kit. Can you hook your phone up to it via bluetooth?

You only need to have the red & black wires connected in order to use the kit really.
    The blue just allows an auto-connect once you turn the ignition.the yellow only mutes the radio. The green is really obsolete now, who has an electric aeril on their car kit?
    Try just using the red & black wires only, hook directly up to battery to keep it simple while testing.

Have you checked the in-line fuses? 1A & 2A? Are they blown?

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭v240gltse

hi,

thanks for that. yes fuses are fine, will try with basic wires and let you know .

thanks again

brendan
    You only need to have the red & black wires connected in order to use the kit really.
    The blue just allows an auto-connect once you turn the ignition.the yellow only mutes the radio. The green is really obsolete now, who has an electric aeril on their car kit?
    Try just using the red & black wires only, hook directly up to battery to keep it simple while testing.

Have you checked the in-line fuses? 1A & 2A? Are they blown?

• Advertisement

The only other thing I can think of is to borrow a control unit (the black box) from a friend to see if this is the problem, or alternatively swap your box into someone else's car kit set up. That will at least rule out that unit as the issue.

Best of luck.

Advertisement