Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abandoned car...

Options
  • 18-08-2008 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

I know this is a bit random but here goes...

I park a lot in the Dawson Car Park (off Kildare Street) anyway on one of the levels theres an abandoned car in the corner

Its been there for well over a year now, i think its an old toyota

loks pretty beat up, with a couple of flat tyres

Has anyone else noticed this or does anyone know the story? Who would just abandon a car like that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

the police dont tend to go near abandoned cars with licence plates on them i was told, provided they are not hurting anyone or obstructing etc. however if the licence plates were to be taken off....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

maybe they just lost their parking ticket and can't get out the car park :confused:

i guess it is private property so the owners would need to pay for it to be removed, unless they know who it belongs to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

the police dont tend to go near abandoned cars with licence plates on them i was told, provided they are not hurting anyone or obstructing etc. however if the licence plates were to be taken off....

I had a similar problem in our estate last year. There was a car abandoned for a number of weeks and was told to do the same. Before I got to remove the reg plates myself, they blew off that day in a raging storm* and the car removal fairies picked up the car that evening.

*complete lie

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

giftgrub wrote:
    I park a lot in the Dawson Car Park (off Kildare Street)
    Schoolhouse Lane. ;)

Abandoning cars in car parks in very common. The DAA have had problems with it for years especially in their long term car parks. The plates are usually removed by the depositor first to make identification more difficult. There are lots of reasons why that car could be there.
    The car is parked on private property and therefore is of no concern to the Gardai.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Kablam

Along the same lines but different. There is a petrol station in limerick (Texaco across form the south court hotel) that has an abandoned car parked in front of one of the pumps totally blocking it, it's been there since it opened it's even been swapped once or twice with something that looks a bit cleaner. I can only assume the owners of the Texaco have something to do with it otherwise they would have gotten rid of it long ago. It's been wrecking my head as to why would they intentionally block one of their own pumps.:confused: Any one any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Is it the pump closest to the road / furthest from the shop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Kablam wrote: »
    Along the same lines but different. There is a petrol station in limerick (Texaco across form the south court hotel) that has an abandoned car parked in front of one of the pumps totally blocking it, it's been there since it opened it's even been swapped once or twice with something that looks a bit cleaner. I can only assume the owners of the Texaco have something to do with it otherwise they would have gotten rid of it long ago. It's been wrecking my head as to why would they intentionally block one of their own pumps.:confused: Any one any ideas?

Sounds like a "company car" I think...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Kablam

Igy wrote: »
    Is it the pump closest to the road / furthest from the shop?

Indeed it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Pen1987

Its to stop people buying petrol and not paying.

Advertisement