Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WAR open beta to begin Sept 7th

Options
  • 18-08-2008 4:05pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭

EA and Mythic have announced the open beta is to begin on Sept 7th. GOA have said the EU one is on track to start the same day before, but they've yet to specifically state if they're starting September 7th as well. The US open beta download begins today, but again there's no info from GOA for the EU players.

http://www.massively.com/2008/08/18/warhammer-online-na-open-beta-begins-september-7th/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Didn't I post this already in the other thread? :)

Downloads have started for the US servers, from Fileplanet. Still no word on the EU side of things.

Edit - And apparently the NDA gets lifted tomorrow.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Didn't I post this already in the other thread? :)

Downloads have started for the US servers, from Fileplanet. Still no word on the EU side of things.

Edit - And apparently the NDA gets lifted tomorrow.

I didn't see the other thread, but they're not exactly the same, this is the formal announcement rather than something claimed on EA store.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

So, Fileplanet have some open beta spots. Is it subscribers only? Cause i am a subscriber, and i'd love to get into the beta now. Will they let me in with a europen address?

I think some people have tried EU codes unsuccessfully, from what I saw on the forums. To my knowledge its the non EU ones can use fileplanet at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

dagnamit, where's our forums already!

I demand revolution!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Also getting NDA dropped tomorrow, Mark Jacobs confirmed earlier on WHA or Only-War or some fansite.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭whatduck

About time they dropped the NDA, really wanna see the career mastery's and abilities so I can choose what career to play.

Warhammer Alliance forums. Thats where I tend to get my information from. It seems there may not be any official forums, but the Mythic / GOA people do a fair bit of posting on there, so that may be the / one of the unofficial ones.

I'm looking forward to seeing some of the info after the NDA drops. I had thought for ages that i would go Chaos, but after reading about the White Lion, i'm quite tempted by it. I like the idea of pets, and one that grows (in size and looks) along side you, eventually becoming a mount, sounds pretty cool.

Still though...CRAB CLAWS!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Warhammer Alliance forums. Thats where I tend to get my information from. It seems there may not be any official forums, but the Mythic / GOA people do a fair bit of posting on there, so that may be the / one of the unofficial ones.

They've said there won't be any official forums, apparently after seeing how the WoW ones went.

• Advertisement

Also, are we all going to try and roll on the same server? I'd love to set up a guild with some boardsies, but i dont think we should try and keep an "Irish" guild, as there is never enough people that are regularly online (as we saw in Lord of the Rings, and several Warcraft servers). Just a normal guild, where anyone who's not a total dumbass is allowed in (does that rule me out? :()

There are a few people in my CoX group that plan on playing this, but they're scattered across the UK and Europe. Getting a good group on the one server sounds like a good idea though :)

Maybe even 2 guilds, one good, one evil. I can't see myself playing good any time in the first few months though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

The problem with Warcraft, at least, was because most people had already rolled a character by the time our forums had gotten sorted so it was more a case of "Hey, lets all reroll on X server" and sadly, that just didnt work out.

Hopefully, we can get something better organised going this time and do it from the start. Though, I dont think they've announced anything official about the server names/types.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

What Ivan said, would be nice to all start on the same server. :pac:

edit: Any idea where I could pre-order the game online?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

so whose playing open RvR or the core ruleset?

Any word yet on downloading the client for europe? Or is it still just the US at the moment that can get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Funky wrote: »
    so whose playing open RvR or the core ruleset?

Can't remember the difference, Im playing the Chicken one :)

Can't remember the difference, Im playing the Chicken one :)

They both have chickening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Spear wrote: »
    They both have chickening.

Hmmm back to my notes so!
    Gunmonkey wrote: »
    There is Core, Open RvR, Role Playing and Open RvR Role Playing from what I have learned over the past few weeks.

Core and Role Playing work by the system of preventing high level griefing in low level PvP areas with the chicken mechanic (if you attack someone too low a level you are turned into a 1hp chicken).

Open doesn't have the chicken mechanic so anyone in those zones are fair game.

Least I think thats how it works.

Core sounds good to me, I basically want it like Daoc was

Advertisement