Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did we get to this?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Van Zuylen wrote: »
    I am not that brave!
    Then you're just spouting hot air and I can lock this thread.

You've been here long enough to know that you will never get banned for simply giving your civil opinion on the feedback board, and any moderator who is incapable of taking criticism should re-examine their position.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

seamus wrote: »
    Then you're just spouting hot air and I can lock this thread.

You've been here long enough to know that you will never get banned for simply giving your civil opinion on the feedback board, and any moderator who is incapable of taking criticism should re-examine their position.
    Ya Seamus , lock away.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

How did it come to this? It has always been like this. Each forum has a certain level of what is acceptable. What would get you banned on one forum would make you out to be a god on another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

see? I told you it was often quoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I am actually not getting at Soccer Forum, not once have I said it, I am talking on the whole, I dunno why your taken it for granted its the soccer forum.

There are number of forums which have issues with high moderation, but as it has been explained to me in the thread, moderation is a tough job and I accept. Not once did I have pop at you on this GuanYin.

If you haven't got the testes to provide examples what was the point of starting this thread.

Come on provide examples or shut up :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

gandalf wrote: »
    If you haven't got the testes to provide examples what was the point of starting this thread.

Come on provide examples or shut up :rolleyes:
    I am coward according to GuanYin and evidently I have no testicles :)

Plus I have shut up.

All done, sh!te thread, I am muppet , nothing to see here.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Van Zuylen; Ignoring GyanYin and Gandalf's comments for now, will you please just provide us examples so we can help you? Your not going to get in trouble for doing so.

Sully wrote: »
    Van Zuylen; Ignoring GyanYin and Gandalf's comments for now, will you please just provide us examples so we can help you? Your not going to get in trouble for doing so.
    I didnt say what forums I was talking about cause I didnt want to cause arguments and get no where.

The thread is pointless, discussion over, I have wasted all your time with a pointless and gutless post. Thanks though to you sully , amz, seamus, and cult for your good posts.

At the end of the day I just wanted to express my feedback without singling out the forum/forums in question, and not to go in to a huge argument , I suppose if thats cowardly and gutless so be it.

What did you expect. You started a thread criticising strict moderation and you didn't even bother to provide examples. This is a non thread for feedback and not only should be locked it should be deleted.

Next time you start a thread like this please provide proper examples and not waffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

They could be female? Or an elaborate accident involving a lion and a wet towel.

• Advertisement

his former nick was big willy ;)

his former nick was big willy ;)
    Them were the days before the op :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

I am talking about the whole PC culture the site has adopted, I am not saying we should have site either that resembles other sites like StormF&*£!, but pure freedom of speech would be nice for a change.

In fairness it used to be alot worse. At one stage After Hours specifically had in its rules that there were to be no immigrant bashing threads (immigrant bashing including issues such as making any type of complaint about something you saw on the street and mentioning the person was foreign). Around the time of the Padraig Nally trial there was similiar action re travellers.

I put it down to what I term Alan Partridgeitis or David Brentism. Certain mods here remind me of some type of failed bouncers. They were the kid who always took their football away if the others disagreed with him. The kid who would rat you out for doing your homework in class. Remember them? They are generally the people who nobody has a clue where they are these days.

But the above is certainly in decline and generally you can say alot more than you used to.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement