Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pat colgan cycle

Options
  • 18-08-2008 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭

The annual tullamore cycle is on sunday the 31st of august from tullamore

80/100/120km cycle that takes in the slieve bloom mountains and well worth doing

Thought it may interest some of you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I had no idea there were so many cycles going on. I knew about the W200 but that was about it. Great to see. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

I had no idea there were so many cycles going on. I knew about the W200 but that was about it. Great to see. Thanks.

There is nearly a tour on every week in the summer sometimes they clash and can be 3 or 4 tours on on a sunday. The W200 is probaly the most publised thats all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Lilphich

Where do you get info for this one? I couldn't find much information on the web about it.

Lilphich wrote: »
    Where do you get info for this one? I couldn't find much information on the web about it.

Word of mouth its one of my neighbouring clubs, i'll find out start time and location soon

This is on in the morning if any of the boards crowd want to come to the midlands for a change. ranging from a 40k spin to a 120k including 2 mountain climbs. 9.30 from tullamore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Deisetrek

E@gle. wrote: »
    Word of mouth its one of my neighbouring clubs, i'll find out start time and location soon

Just stumbled on the forum in the last few days ( great info) . I've only started cycling seriously in the last 2 years , do fair mileage every week ( maybe not in your leagues lads/ lassies) ...about 120 to 150 pw . Point is , I am not attached to a cycling club and normally cycle on my own . But I did the 100k in the Sean Kelly cycle last week and really enjoyed it , would it be necessary to join a local cycling club to enter these other cycles nationwide ?
    I'm in my late 40's so is it too late for me to join clubs like that ? I've a good fitness level now but I'm sure lads my age in these cycling clubs would have been competetive in their earlier years and be much fitter . Would they welcome lads going through a middle age crisis (haha) ??
    Also could someone post up a site address for upcoming cycles ? I live in Waterford , so I would be interested in cycles in the Munster / south Leinster area ................
    Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

Hi Deisetrek,
    AFAIK you generally wouldn't have to be in a club but sometimes you may have to buy a one day licence.
    I'm not sure if you're in the city or the county but Dungarvan CC have a leisure spin every saturday and sunday and are always open to new faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Deisetrek

showry wrote: »
    Hi Deisetrek,
    AFAIK you generally wouldn't have to be in a club but sometimes you may have to buy a one day licence.
    I'm not sure if you're in the city or the county but Dungarvan CC have a leisure spin every saturday and sunday and are always open to new faces.

Thanks showry , I'm actually in the city so I'll try a suss out a few people as to what to do . Would love to take part in more cycles in a group 'cause it was definitely different ....
    thanks again for the reply

Advertisement