Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Editor Toolbar Buttons Not Working Correctly on Opera 9.51.

Options
  • 18-08-2008 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this is happening in other browsers as well but it's definitely happening to me in Opera 9.51 on Windows XP SP2.

Basically if I create a post and use any of the toolbar buttons in the editor (the line of icons that starts with Bold and ends with Spoiler), the correct tags are placed in the post but the text that is to be highlighted is changed to "column 1|column 2|column 3" as if I'm trying to put a table in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I'm not seing any problem in 9.50. Might hold off on updating for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I also checked Firefox 3.0.1 and that browser is behaving correctly.
    Thanks to whoever moved my post as well. I will make a note for future bug reports!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Hmm, this appears to be working again. I'm pretty sure nothing changed on my end so were the Boards.ie gremlins slapped about and told to behave? :)

Test Test Test
    Test

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I was fiddling around.

vBulletin changed their nicely formatted javascript file for the text editor into a big, ugly, impossible to read single line with no whitespaces.

Reapplying the fairly trivial "column 1| column 2" etc insert has turned out to be somewhat fiddly as a result.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement