Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worried - disappearing symptoms and lighter HPT

• 18-08-2008 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I was just wondering if anyone has experienced this and gone on to have a healthy pregnancy?

I'm just over 6 weeks pregnant and have been experiencing morning sickness, tiredness, breathlessness etc for the last couple of weeks. All of those symptoms have disappeared over the weekend.

I have also be testing regularly and my test this morning was lighter than in the middle of last week - I have been taking the tests at the same time and using the same brands.

I know symptoms can come and go during pregnancy but I am worried about the test this morning and the possibility of a missed miscarriage - where the baby stops developing but you don't get the usual cramps and bleeding.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Symptoms definitely do come and go, but go see your doctor - they may be able to organise an early scan to settle your fears. It's a very scary time, early pregnancy. Best of luck, I really hope everything works out for the best for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Lu28

Thanks Quackles! He gave me a scan there and then because he says he's always concerned if symptoms disappeared. anyway, I couldn't really see or hear anything but he said he could detect a heartbeat so he says it's the best we could hope for at this stage. It's no guarantee about how things are going to turn out and we need to keep an eye on it but he didn't send blood tests or arrange follow ups or anything so hopefully he's not overly concerned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

What tests are you doing? You might just have come to the end of your morning sickness, its different for everyone.

Definitely go and see a doctor asap.

Talk to the doctor about your fears perhaps they can point you to a suitable source of information or let you know how to relax a bit more if you're worrying yourself unnecessarily. Whatever happens don't let people tell you you're being stupid, being pregnant is a scary time for everyone and pregnancies vary a lot, even someone thats been through it won't have your experience. So take care of yourself and enjoy it!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Try not to stress (even if that sounds ridiculous) as stress will make your body react in all kinds of ways you might see as symptomatic of trouble with your pregnancy. I also would stop testing yourself. All you can do is take the best care possible of yourself and let nature do the rest, testing and re-testing seems to be only causing additional worry to you.

I worried that there was no baby inside me until I got my first scan at 18 weeks and could then see it, only then did I trust my body wasnt kidding me. So what you are feeling is not unique.

But you ARE pregnant, and have overcome the largest hurdle. :) Its not a fixed thing, and your body will have all kinds of ups and downs that dont fit the textbook pattern. As I have said, try to relax and let your body do what its designed to. Also though, as you have this resource here, post when youre not sure of whats happening. Sometimes knowing others have been there and it was ok, can be enough to make you feel easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Lu28 wrote: »
    Thanks Quackles! He gave me a scan there and then because he says he's always concerned if symptoms disappeared. anyway, I couldn't really see or hear anything but he said he could detect a heartbeat so he says it's the best we could hope for at this stage. It's no guarantee about how things are going to turn out and we need to keep an eye on it but he didn't send blood tests or arrange follow ups or anything so hopefully he's not overly concerned

Seeing a heartbeat is a very positive sign! Try to relax, you could be hanging on to the toilet bowl next week looking back wistfully on the few days with no sickness. Believe me, I know where you are coming from - it is one of the few times in life you pray to feel sick! I was very worried for the first few weeks of pregnancy.. I bought a doppler and heard the heartbeat with it at 10 weeks, but until then i was a nervous wreck! Hell, still am, as I still haven't seen the baby to make sure all is progressing ok in there! I know it's tough to let go of the worry, but it's the best thing you can do for your baby.. Hopefully you're one of the lucky ladies who don't get the bad symptoms of early pregnancy! They do exist, I'm told ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

I had 9 months of 24/7 sickness! So you guys with your 3 months are getting very envious looks from me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

I am 15 weeks and only puked once (and that was driving to the airport at 2am so doesn't count). Somedays my boobs stopped hurting and that made me nervous. Essentially I only ever had very very mild symptoms and sometimes none at all and I'm fine. I have another scan next week ( my 3rd) and I will be delighted to see the baby there as it's very normal to stress about these things.

Book lots of private scans ( it's worth the money at €100 a shot). Also I advise you to stop taking the pregnancy tests to reassure yourself as to your HCG levels. That's not what they were designed for and while you are using the same brand, it could be a different batch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

perhaps you are one of those lucky (grrrr) people whos sypmtoms get better during pregnancy. I know my sister had morning sickness for about 4 weeks. After that it was just smells of smelly bins that annoyed her but she never felt sick again

Advertisement