Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent Gym in Leixlip Area

Options
  • 18-08-2008 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭

The time has come for that annual ritual, where after a summer of debauchery, that I REALLY need to trim the ned ..... any recommendations for a decent gym in Leixlip, or the general area that has long opening hours & isn't going to fleece me senseless, as I'm going to give the gym another go before I end up another statistic :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Try St Marys gym in St Marys GAA its a fairly decent gym and has most things ud need also if you go early enough say around 11ish its near empty so you wouldnt be waiting around for any of the machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Agreed, this is the best gym in the area. I've been a member of the two main ones and this is the one I'd always go back to.

Don't go near the Amenities centre, it has apalling machines which are often out of order, it's very small and even with 2 or 3 people in it, it can seem crowded. The selection of weights is poor also. The membership fee here is also too high for what you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Do you know if it opens at 7am? Cos I'd ideally like to try get into do a workout before pootling off to work.

Do I require a membership of the G.A.A. itself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

My friend is a member there and Im almost certain he isnt a GAA member but I could be wrong

I think you may have to join, I can't remember now, but it would only be pavillion membership so nothing to exorbitant.

I don't think it opens that early ven0m, www.leixlipgaa.ie will have contact info etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Amz wrote: »
    I think you may have to join, I can't remember now, but it would only be pavillion membership so nothing to exorbitant.

I don't think it opens that early ven0m, www.leixlipgaa.ie will have contact info etc.

Cheers, really don't wanna join a Jackie Skellys-type gym, as old ven0m here really needs to lose his ned & get fit again :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 oreilly21

anyone know how much this gym is and if you can just go in to the club and join?

cant see anything on the website about it

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

oreilly21 wrote: »
    anyone know how much this gym is and if you can just go in to the club and join?

cant see anything on the website about it

http://www.leixlipgaa.ie/Notai.asp
    Single Membership: €325 (12 months) €199 (6months) €120(3 months)

Student: €200 €199 €120

Couple: €550 (12 months) €299 (6 months)

O/P single €235 (12 months)

O/P couple €435 (12 months)

Active retired €225

Fam of 3 €700 (12 months)

Fam of 4 €800 (12 months)

State of the art Gymnasium

Sauna and Steamroom

Turbo Sun booth

Pilates

Mon – Fri 9am -10pm

Sat 9am-6pm

Sun 10am-4pm

Bank Hol 10am -4pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 oreilly21

cheers for that! how did i not see that ffs!!!?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭cormicar

Is this gym still open. I drove up at lunch today and it seems fairly dead.

• Advertisement

It always looked quiet outside when I was a member. I'm fairly sure it's still open.

Their website is awful, so it's hard to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 sinabhfuil

The gym in St Mary's GAA has been taken over by a new group. It was closed for a while up until last year. No need to be a member of GAA club to join. From what I've heard, it is very popular. It's also not the type of gym where you go in and do what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

sinabhfuil wrote: »
    The gym in St Mary's GAA has been taken over by a new group. It was closed for a while up until last year. No need to be a member of GAA club to join. From what I've heard, it is very popular. It's also not the type of gym where you go in and do what you want.

Not do what you want? So class only? No training without a personal instructor. Huge wait for the machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 sinabhfuil

Not do what you want? So class only? No training without a personal instructor. Huge wait for the machines.

Yeah, from what I have been told, it's all personalised training done in small groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

sinabhfuil wrote: »
    Yeah, from what I have been told, it's all personalised training done in small groups.

fook that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

cormicar wrote: »
    Is this gym still open. I drove up at lunch today and it seems fairly dead.

That gym is open, but only (very :() early mornings and then after 2 afaik so that's why it was closed at lunch :pac: It's actually pretty good. They're a sound crowd up there and I've seen first hand the results they get and they're pretty impressive, particularly for weight loss. Depends what you're after though, it's defo not for the lads who like to go in and spend a few hours in the gym:)

Advertisement