Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution

• 18-08-2008 5:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭

can't find info on this... available spare parts? mpg? i need a jeep but would like to have a sporty car thinking this is the answer( best of both worlds )but is it?? any one own one or know anything about them??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

i need a jeep but would like to have a sporty car thinking this is the answer( best of both worlds )but is it??
    A Subaru Forester 2.5XT is the answer. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

Anan1 wrote: »
    A Subaru Forester 2.5XT is the answer. :)

great wagon but i'll be taking the rear seats out of the pajero and sticking mud tyres under it, so its jeep i need but this being the pajero it is i'm just wondering about spares and running costs??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

3.5V6 MIVEC engine in the EVO pajero. Its a non turbo. She'd be hard on juice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Freind of mine had one, they are not as fast as it sounds...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭Ferris

If you want a fast Jeep then just get an old V8 Land Rover Disco/Range Rover and work on the engine. The rover V8 has so many tuning parts made for it its unreal. It'll eat fuel but you should save on depretiation as the car will be worth nothing anyway.

The oul fella used to work with a guy who had a commercial V8 Disco as a company car and he got the engine done on the sly and on the companies account. They found out and took the jeep off him. I wonder what happened to it? Me da said it sounded pretty unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

I remember Ireland's attempt at Top Gear, doing a report on one of these.

They were lucky to get double digit MPG, from it when driving normally, and mid single digit consumption when pushed.

I don't think they were offically imported to Ireland, so all would be second hand / Grey imports.

Parts probably wouldn't be that big an issue although you may not be able to get them direct from your local Mitsi dealer.

Depending on what you need it for and are spending, why not buy a cheap 4x4 for the rough stuff, and something tasty for road use.

Someone else posted recently about getting their hands on a Forester circa 99 and a 911 (can't remember what year) for under €30 grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭farva

They weren't ever imported here but there were a small few imported officially into the UK up to 2000. They have a 3.5 V6 with 276bhp and arount 280 lb/ft. Almost all are tiptronic autos but the're we're a few manuals made. 0-60 would be about 7 seconds. I'd say that they'd be very hard on the fuel! I get about 24mpg out of my 2.8 SWB manual. The GDI autos are ment to be a good jeep and nearly as economical as the 2.8 but a hell of a lot faster!

The best place for info on this 4x4 would be the pajero owners uk website; www.pocuk.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

thanks lads nice bit of feedback
    this bit is a bit scary, single digit F**K'N HELL
    WHITE_P wrote: »
    I remember Ireland's attempt at Top Gear, doing a report on one of these.

They were lucky to get double digit MPG, from it when driving normally, and mid single digit consumption when pushed.

Thanks Again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭harlem

Have you seen the Dakar replica 3.2 Pajero?
    They're sportier looking than the standard Pajero but MPG is fairly decent on them considering the engine size! Serious torque out of them too & well able to move.

I'm hopeless at figuring out MPG, but my OH has one and covers about 250 miles a week in it on €50-60 worth of diesel.
    I don't thing thats too bad considering I have a 1.9l petrol car and for the same mileage it costs me about €40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭harlem

Sorry, forgot to attach pic of Dakar replica in last pic.
    I don't know if the 'Dakar replica' is the name Mitsubishi gave it, that's what the garage that sold it to us sold it as and I've only ever seen one other on the road so it could be an after market kit on them but the lights are different to the standard mitsi lights too..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

think that's a Dakar special edition,

this is the real deal
    Mitsubishi_(04)_1024x768.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

colm_mcm wrote: »
    think that's a Dakar special edition,

this is the real deal
    Mitsubishi_(04)_1024x768.jpg

The real deal is unlikely to be available at a local dealer, plus parts ex-works are probably thin on the ground and pricey:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,321 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I've an old range rover (98), it's well able to keep into most cars on the road and it's well able to overtake when you hit the sports button.....might be worth considering....lovley to drive, not much touches it....bit thirsty but you can't put a price on class......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭Slig

I've an old range rover (98), it's well able to keep into most cars on the road and it's well able to overtake when you hit the sports button.....might be worth considering....lovley to drive, not much touches it....bit thirsty but you can't put a price on class......

yes you can!:D, its about 1K to 20K judging by carzone prices

Advertisement