Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying into Credit card when abroad

Options
  • 18-08-2008 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm going to be abroad for a year. How can i pay my credit card bill from another country?

I'm guessing work i'll do will be cash in hand. Can i go into any bank and put cash into the cc?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It depends where you are going to be.

You can't just lodge it anywhere, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

spain, There are lots of people traveling the world, they cant all have a big account at home to throw in money via the web when they need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Set up online banking and do it that way, also if you look at your statement it should give you details on how to pay it from abroad, or ring your credit card company and they could do it

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

liger wrote: »
    spain, There are lots of people traveling the world, they cant all have a big account at home to throw in money via the web when they need.

Pretty much they do, or have someone do it for them.

You'll be needing some method (telephone or internet banking) to pay into the credit card - be it from an Irish account, or a Spanish account that will let you do transfers to your Irish account and onwards to your card.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,936 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

When you're abroad, earning in $AU, or $US or $NZ or whatever, then you'll want to be paying for things in that currency too - no point losing on the conversion when you buy the item with your Irish credit card, and then losing again when you transfer your dollars over to pay for it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement