Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

emergency vehicle and bus lanes.

Options
  • 18-08-2008 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭

This one happened this morning so was wondering what the right thing to do is.

An ambulance was approaching behind me this morning with lighs flashing.

If there is a bus lane is the emergency vehicle to use it or do i move over into the bus lane to allow the emergency vehicle overtake fromt he right.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Washout wrote: »
    This one happened this morning so was wondering what the right thing to do is.

An ambulance was approaching behind me this morning with lighs flashing.

If there is a bus lane is the emergency vehicle to use it or do i move over into the bus lane to allow the emergency vehicle overtake fromt he right.
    The emergency vehicle should use the bus lane.

Any driver is not obliged to break the law to facilitate an emergency vehicle although common courtesy should prevail where possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

Emergency vehicles can be slow to move into a left lane.. They Prefer to stay in the right hand lane, cos when someone hears a siren coming from behind they may pull into the left, be it Hard shoulder or bus lane (even though there is no legal obligation to do so) thus causing an accident

Advertisement