Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Junior Cert Geography Teaching(1st years)

• 18-08-2008 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

I'm due to start teaching as part of my Hdip in a couple of weeks. I am just wondering how much of the core Junior Cert geography book New Geo by Ashe and McCarthy you would be expected to cover over the year with a first year class. I returned to college as a mature student and am a little to long out of the classroom to remember how fast we progressed through books. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭freire

I really wouldn't worry too much about these sorts of things. You will soon discover this to be the case. You'll progress through the book at a pace appropriate to the group in front of you.

Best of luck with the Dip. It's not as bad as ''they'' all make out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You'll also find in many cases the more you leave the book out of it, the better things go.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭melbourne

Thanks guys, I've just been trying to get a bit of a head start with notes and power point slides as I have to work in the evenings after college. It'll be a nightmare of a year but should be worth it in the end. As far as I know the other geography teachers should lay out what has to be covered for the Christmas and summer exams, I'm just a bit of a worrier. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭freire

spurious wrote: »
    You'll also find in many cases the more you leave the book out of it, the better things go.

Wise words indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

as a matter of interest do trainee teachers teach leaving cert classes during their hdip?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭sunflower!

no they dont or at least they are not supposed to. In NUIG if you had hours teaching an exam year they couldn't be counted in your hundred hours, most people I know got mostly first years but it can vary :)

Advertisement