Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pmags finally on sale on ebaybanned

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

there the star versions http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=150902 real cap 30 and 20 round, not the mid cap copy's they originally advertised
    Magpul PTS: Green label PMAGs
    Very interesting news just in from Sam, Magpul PTS. Magpul PTS and Star teamed up and result are airsoft Magpul PMAGs in 30 and 20 shot format. Realcaps, in short. Click Read for press release in full:

Dear all,

I am pleased to announce that Magpul Professional Training & Simulation Division is introducing a new product line – Magpul PTS Green Label. Meanwhile, Magpul PTS and StarAirsoft jointly developed low cost PMAG which is under this new product line.

Regards

Sam

Magpul Professional Training & Simulation Division

http://www.airsoft-news.eu/news.php

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

they announced these ones ages ago, just didnt have the stock in. they cant sell magpul copy stuff after the hassle they had with the PRS stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

<dances the dance of abject joy>

Not only can I finally get my PMags, I can get them in realcap too!

<opens Magpul website and starts singing "Have I told you lately that I love you">

Now if only I could get them in OD or Tan too.

HAHA., i was wondering how long it would take ya dex., :D
    Im buyin a bunch of them myself too. :)

the ones he originally posted where not the star licensed copy's, the ones he had posted originally have already pine on sale on some other site (bit like the flip mount he had advertised) and reviewed , all he done is brought a load of star boxs and giving you the chance to buy 1/2/3/4 or 5 at a time

Yes, he was selling the copies at one stage, but not openly through the site, you had to email him and arrange for him to do it off the records, exactly how i got my Magpul PRS stock after he got into sh*t for selling the copied gear.,
    He sent out an email about these ones a while ago when i was just gonna get the copies so i decided to wait for these instead.,

the ones he originally posted where not the star licensed copy's, the ones he had posted originally have already pine on sale on some other site (bit like the flip mount he had advertised) and reviewed , all he done is brought a load of star boxs and giving you the chance to buy 1/2/3/4 or 5 at a time

but there only 30 or 20 round real caps not for everyone

check out stars website http://www.starairsoft.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

What does p-mag mean?????

Its just a magazine made by magpul industries, and they look fancy, of course., :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

Indeed they do. But who would use those in a skirmish? Besides for reinactments or special skirmishes they're useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Cough cough, magpul copied Aug mags, cough cough.

milsim? or an aeg used as a sniper/dmr but i do agree i do not see the point of real caps sometimes, if you want real caps just buy mid caps and load 34 ish round that way 30 rounds will feed well and you have the option of using the full mid cap capacity if needed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Seriously, how much are these for 10 real caps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Indeed they do. But who would use those in a skirmish? Besides for reinactments or special skirmishes they're useless.

Yeah, but they will set off a Magpul rifle, which Dex is making for himself.

He's also used to using 50 round lo-caps in his SPR so 30 rounds isn' a big

drop, I'm sure he'll make it work :pac:

40 usd for 5 on ebaybanned by the looks of things, stars website says they come in packs of 10, star previous real caps have been about 30 - 40 usd for 10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

if magpul got the finger out and produced or allowed to be produced the masada in aeg form i would be all over them.

might look cool in a scar....i will wait for the midcaps to see

edit: they dont appear to be in stock or have already sold out

i was under the impression that Bushmaster owned the rights to the masada design know?

anyway when has copyright ever had anything to do with airsoft :)

they'd be used a lot in my opinion., theres a growing move to semi-milsim type games with limited ammo and their way more intense than the usuall games with thousands of bbs on ya.,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Puding wrote: »
    i was under the impression that Bushmaster owned the rights to the masada design know?

Yep, its Bushmaster now and it's no longer called the "Masada" - its the ACR now.

... I guess Bushmaster didnt want ot answer anymore questions about Israeli affiliation.

/thats enough politics, talk amore about these sexy sci-fi mags :)

they'd be used a lot in my opinion., theres a growing move to semi-milsim type games with limited ammo and their way more intense than the usuall games with thousands of bbs on ya.,

true, but i've seen very few events/competitions sites go all the way to real caps mid caps are seen as a balance, and like i said to me mid caps seem the more economical option as if you want to play real cap just load less bbs :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

Puding wrote: »

i believe they do or appear to say that on their site at least.

from memory they had given the aeg rights and it was all action and they they retracted it...

by all accounts magpul have a fairly large presence in asia and protect their interests, how shall i put this, rather vigorously. the rumour was ebaybanned got a letter.....again thats all heresay, i just wish someone reputable would do one....i would be all over one of them

by all accounts magpul have a fairly large presence in asia and protect their interests, how shall i put this, rather vigorously

they protect it as they have there marketing there own 'training line' up until know it has manly been accessory grips stocks rail covers receivers, and know these mags in partnership with star

• Advertisement

Pmag means, simply enough, Polymer mag. While Magpul are by no means the first people to make polymer mags for RS rifles, they have made the most durable and effective mag ever created according to pretty much every military testing facility. There's reports of Marines getting a batch for "test to destruction" trials and, short of actually blowing them up, they didn't actually stop working. They continue to function after being shot through and run over with a 5 ton truck.
    The airsoft versions probably won't have the same grade of materials making them up but Magpul tend to oversee everything very strictly so these mags should be top quality and feed perfectly. They also look sexier than a Miss Universe swimsuit event.

I would, in a heartbeat. I would specifically use them for Milsim, restricted ammo and scenario games, and I dare say many others would. I'd actually consider taking them out to a few regular games too if I knew my opponents were using midcaps rather than high.
    Cough cough, magpul copied Aug mags, cough cough.

Actually you'd be wrong. Again.
    AUG mags are waffle type. It's a fairly common system that's been used on AK's before it was on AUG's, and on plenty of things before that. So they didn't come up with it. If you must attempt a comparison, they're closer to the Canadian C7 magazines.
    Seriously, how much are these for 10 real caps?

Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
    Blay wrote: »
    Yeah, but they will set off a Magpul rifle, which Dex is making for himself.

He's also used to using 50 round lo-caps in his SPR so 30 rounds isn' a big

drop, I'm sure he'll make it work :pac:

Where there's a Gucci, there's a way.

A 50 to 30 drop isn't going to bother me that much. I'm gonna stick a 3 round burst module into this anyway so that's 10 bursts per mag. Easy figures to follow.

Incidentally, for those of you looking for the midcap PMag's, they're currently taking preorders on them on WGC and Redwolf. At $25 each, they're not cheap (though that's not stopping me), but they are 120 round. I'd hazard a guess they'll be a Star/Magpul collaboration again. As with these realcaps, they seem to be only available in black.

Star/Magpul collaboration again. As with these realcaps, they seem to be only available in black.

i thought that but i think those mid caps are straight from magpul like there m4/m16 pistol grips for example, not licensed to a 3rd party, the star real caps are part of a new line according to the news something called 'Green Label'

I thought they were going to be a purely inhouse Magpul affair initially too, having seen Star making the realcaps though I thought, clearly erroneously, that they may be making the midcaps too.

Does this mean Star are no longer doing their Revolution series of realcaps or is the Green Label tag only applicable to PMags?

Does this mean Star are no longer doing their Revolution series of realcaps or is the Green Label tag only applicable to PMags?

no idea have not heard/read anything, all there existing lines still seem to be in place looks more like an addition line

its a bit strange as only last week you had this from magpul ...
    Magpul PTS: New Product line (MOE)
    New from Magpul PTS, MOE (Magpul Original Equipment). News courtesy of Sam, be sure to check Read More for even more info:

Dear Sirs

We are proudly announced that Magpul PTS is going to launch a new product line for airsoft and training - Magpul Original Equipment (MOE).

MOE is a new product line with low cost and high quality for airsoft and training weapon. Please find the attached introduction for your reference.

The MOE Pistol Grips have now been brought into production, I will keep you update for further information

Regards

Sam

may be there both the same lines under different names?? or two completely independent lines by magpul just have to wait and see

The MOE gear has a line for RS parts too. I'd say it's more a case of Magpul PTS making copies of everything that Magpul do with slightly lower grade materials. I'd hedge a bet that Star approached Magpul about the realcaps, rather than the other way around. Star seem to be the only people interested in making realcaps these days, so it would make sense for them to jump on the bandwagon that these PMags will surely create for themselves.

i was unaware that the moe also contained real steel version, just had to look it up on some US site, looks like the green line is only for airsoft

I was looking at their MOE gear for a while in RS and considered ordering some of it until I found out they intended to duplicate everything via PTS anyway.
    Hopefully they'll release all parts in the full range of colours. It'd be nice to get their OD and DE stuff too, as opposed to just black. The FG stuff isn't too bad either but it seems a tad bright to use without another colour.

hears hoping, maybe they will even get round to doing airsoft versions of the stocks again, possible even there new UBR stock.............

Well the CTR is fairly popular and easily obtainable given the price (I've got two of them in front of me right now). The PRS was always going to be pricey but they might make one with lower grade polymer since the recoil/vibration resistance isn't as high a priority. They'll probably do the same with the UBR eventually.
    Am I the only one not really a fan of the UBR? I really preferred the M93b stock to the UBR.

• Advertisement

have to agree i do like the 'industrial' feel and look of the m93b have two of them myself one for my star m4 eod project (know that was a pain to get hold of)but i would not say no to the UBR thought

Nor would I, but it's about the only Magpul stock I wouldn't be willing to pay above €100 for. I could find my way to buying a PRS stock alright, if I was building a platform to use it, like some sort of DMR. But I'm too fond of the CTR and (if I can get one) the M93b to bother with a high price, RS UBR.

Just got an email reply from ebaybanned about these. I'm sure they're just as sick of my constant requests for information about when they're releasing as I am about their constant fobbing me off.
    I asked them simply when will they have stock and they said, yup, you guessed it:

"About one month
    Jesse ^_^"

Now call me sceptical, paranoid or whatever you want, but that's what they told me about the original order of PMags they showed as stock on the website 3 months back. It's also what they told me about the flip-aside mounts about 4 months back.
    In short, if anyone sees these magazines for sale anywhere else, can they let me know? I do want them and I'm rather sick to death of waiting.

there is no rrp on the star site yet so when shops get them is anyone's guess
    Item No: PMAG-30-BK
    Name: Magpul PTS PMAG 30 Rounds Magazine Box Set - Black
    Net Weight: 1.2kg (10 Pcs)
    Description: - Magpul Authorized For Toys Only.
    - Box Set For Sales Only. (10 Pcs)
    - For All M16 Series.
    Recommend
    Retail Price: Coming Soon

nice can only see the 20 round ones at the moment?

noticed the Vltor style bipod on ebaybanned, rsov appear to have them as well, will be ordering one of those me thinks :)

• Advertisement

Seems to be all they have. I'll take them for now, I'll get the long ones when they become available.

=====

http://www.airsoft-war4.com/details.php?pid=4526

Description:
    - Magpul Authorized For Toys Only
    - Box Set For Sales Only (10 Pcs)
    - For All M16 Series.

Item Code: PMAG-20-BK

Weight: 1000 (with Packing)
    Price: US$57.00
    Category: Accessories > Clips - AEG

US$57.00

200808181440.jpg

=====

Apparently bitching and moaning can work...

Paul from Ebaybanned just emailed me to say the PMags are in stock now and ready for sale. Didn't specifiy how many of each type he had but I'm ordering both anyway.

Advertisement