Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sports facilities

• 18-08-2008 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the sports facilities in DCU offer pay as you go prices or do you have to be a member?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

be a member as far as i know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭cm2000

need a membership, 200 approx for students for accademic year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

the €200 is well worth it if your serious about it, unlike me last year, which meant it was a waste, id say i got little over 60 or 70 euros worth out of mine.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭giveliberty

does that include the pool?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

Yup, it includes the pool, the gym and all regular classes such as spinning and aerobics. It also includes access to a "personal" trainer - ie you book a session and get a tailored programme, and then staff are on hand throughout the day to help with any queries etc.

The facilities are great - there's lots of bikes (both sitting up and down), treadmills, cross trainers, steppers and rowers, with weight machines and whatnot. It can get busy at peak times but it's bearable. I found that going during breaks in lectures fixed that problem :-)

As for the pool - there's 5 lanes, normally 3 dedicated to continuous laps - 2 slow, 1 fast, and there's always an area of the pool reserved for members for when swimming lessons etc are going on. There's also the jacuzzi, steam room, sauna and tepiderium, along with the mood showers.

Changing facilities are fine. Lockers are provided and locks can be purchased for €6. Lockers are a decent size too. Hairdriers in the ladies, never been in the gents. Family changing rooms too.

As a member you can also buy a day pass for a family member/friend to try out the facilities. It's €20 for an adult and €5 for a kid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Indeed it does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭giveliberty

that's great I love swimming and I am in serious need of getting back in shape. So sounds like a good place to start. Thanks folks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭heymayo

Quick Question , Do many people wear t-shirts into the pool? just because im not in the best shape and always wear sleveless t-shirt into the pool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

heymayo wrote: »
    Quick Question , Do many people wear t-shirts into the pool? just because im not in the best shape and always wear sleveless t-shirt into the pool.

I don't think you're allowed for health & safety reasons. As for the gym itself, the weights section isn't the best tbh, although I haven't been there in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

i LOVE the gym! it's never too full, never have to que for machines, different rooms to do whatever you like, pool is grand and the weird showers beside it are fun, also the gym is always full of hotties :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement