Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom BroadBand Home Plus Slow Speeds

Options
  • 18-08-2008 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Hi i'm on Home Plus and i noticed that when I am browsing the net it takes a long time to load up a page. Is it got to do with downloading excessively???(i've already d/l 35GB this month and 80 last month) Plus I though eircom upgraded the line to 3072kbps for Home Plus. I've been checking the speed test now for a few days in a row and the max i have gotten so far is 1400kbps. Can someone explain to me how this is so???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭P.lane78

I have been on eircom BB for three years and I have only achieved a speed of half the service i am paying for . When i had 3mb , the speed was 1.4mb and after the recent speed upgrade the quoted speed was 7.2mb and now my actual speed is 2.6mb. I find that my actual speeds are relatively stable all day long with no fluctuations.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭niallith

im now on the 7.7mb line r watever they upgraded the 3mb line to, have experienced a slight slowing down in browser loading speeds but downloads r flying at 700kb/s unless its a torrent r somthin,
    but my latency to games has incresed alot which makes like counter strike unpleasent to play :( hopefully theyl sort it out

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭CapRooney

that's the same i'm on 2mb and its slow while browsing but i get max speeds when i'm downloading something. my max being 230kbps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

You are all experiencing a worse browsing experience because latency(pings) has increased in line with the 'upgrades'. This means that there is more of a delay in data reaching you after you send some (eg when you click on a link to open a new page). Unfortunately no one knows when eircom will turn down the interleaving to increase pings. I didn't even get the upgrade and my pings to boards.ie went from 10 to 40:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20 watchall

Hey i've been getting the same slow speeds. Looks ok loading a page but when it comes to loading a video or downloading.... the speed is a joke.

Playing games on the xbox 360 is a nightmare too.

Mind you all was well last week. it's just these pass few days ( maybe the bad weather ? )

I'm calling Eircom tomorrow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement