Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No tax on gas = Stupid?

Options
  • 18-08-2008 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

OK I had a look at this no tax on gas plan that McCain has and I have to say it is pretty stupid in relation to the American people.

1. The tax is removed at the company level. There is no guarantee that all or any of those savings are passed onto the consumer.

2. It is temporary. So it will mean that hoarding will take place around that time. Meaning more profits for the oil companies and putting more strain on the output around that time.

3. Taxes are normally to be used for the benefit of the people. All your doing is making the debt worse.

So it looks like a big win for oil company profits and a big loose for the American people.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,440 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Hobbes wrote: »
    OK I had a look at this no tax on gas plan that McCain has and I have to say it is pretty stupid in relation to the American people.

1. The tax is removed at the company level. There is no guarantee that all or any of those savings are passed onto the consumer.

2. It is temporary. So it will mean that hoarding will take place around that time. Meaning more profits for the oil companies and putting more strain on the output around that time.

3. Taxes are normally to be used for the benefit of the people. All your doing is making the debt worse.

So it looks like a big win for oil company profits and a big loose for the American people.

Sounds abotu right for a Republican.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Well.... yeah. Ok.

I concede any points made on this topic in other threads.

Advertisement