Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preliminmary Engineering

Options
  • 18-08-2008 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

I know theres probably not but is there any way to apply for this now. Basically I screwed up the lc and didnt get anything I wanted. I got 340points and was wondering can I try and apply for this now. Cheers. Also sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭campuslife

Hey mancho,

Your best bet is to contact Admissions with this query Phone 4023445, or you can e-mail them at admissions@dit.ie .

With 340 points you should be able to get something you like!

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Buffman

With 340 I would have thought you could get an ordinary degree course in whichever disipline you applied for.

Depending on demand you might still get prelim now, as it's direct entry you could be in luck.

If not, it's not the end of the world, you can go working or travelling for the year, Bolton St will still be there. (unless the heating system blows again:D)

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭kirving

You could try Ballyfermot College, they run a Preliminary Course in conjunction with DIT.

I applied for it and got the interview, however, I'm going to do the Level 7 Course in Mechanical Engineering instead, as it will take the same time. I dont know if Prelimin either BCFE or DIT acutally *guarantees* entry into the general engineering.

Advertisement