Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neteller mail

Options
  • 18-08-2008 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭

Anyone gotten this? The mail address seems legit but am always wary of mails asking for extra identity and it's a bit out of the blue

Your account requires attention

Dear Robert,

NETELLER is required to perform periodic reviews on all Extended accounts to ensure we have up-to-date records on file. We have reviewed your account and we require some additional identity information from you.

To ensure your account remains open and to continue enjoying NETELLER’s services, simply validate your account before November 1, 2008.

To learn more about this initiative, check out our latest news story.

How to validate your account
    Validating your account is simple. All you need to do is email two documents to validate@neteller.com.

Just follow these 3 easy steps and we’ll do the rest.

1. Verify your identity
    Provide a digital photograph or scanned colour copy of your government–issued ID card, driving license or passport that clearly displays:

* Document number (ID number, license number, passport number), your full name and date of birth
    * No black/blurred portions (all details must be in focus)
    * All four corners of the document (i.e. no cropping)
    * Expiry date that has not passed
    * Front and back of the ID card or license

2. Verify your address
    Provide one digital photograph or scanned colour copy of a paper utility bill or paper bank card/credit card statement that clearly displays:

* Your name and address
    * An issue date within the last 3 months
    * All four corners of the bill/statement (i.e. no cropping)

Acceptable utility bill statements include landline phone, heating, water, electricity, cable TV, internet and municipal government correspondence.

3. Email your digital photos or scans as attachments to validate@neteller.com.
    You must send these items to us using the email address registered with your NETELLER account or we will be unable to process your documents. Click here to see samples of acceptable documents.

The NETELLER Payment Network

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

Email neteller about it, not using the address quoted. Were details of your account in the mail bar your name?

Go to netteller's own site and email an address given there that is not the same as the one above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭kakak1

forward the email to neteller & ask them to verify it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ramiriquez

Just got the exact same mail. A little wary of it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Got the same one - what a pain if this is something that is really required, doubt I'll be using Neteller again.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,308 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I just got the same one as well, but weirdly it went into my spam box and all my neteller ones have always been in the inbox.

I have sent them all these documents when I first opened my account so thread carefully, this could very well be dodgy.

Edit to say that all my inbox mail was from support@neteller.com this one just says Neteller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

They have a link to it on it's front page so seems it might be legit but I have sent it to them anyway just to make sure and ask why they need more verification

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Mr. Random

I would have thought having my account connected to my AIB bank account for over a year was enough. :mad:

Seems legit but I may just withdraw as I can't be arsed with that type of service.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I got that crap too. Never had to send it to them before. Pain in the hole tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I got one aswell from communications@neteller.com

they can go **** themselves anyway, no way in hell am I doing any of that crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

use moneybrokers imo...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Ace2007 wrote: »
    use moneybrokers imo...

You have to do all that **** to be able to withdraw to a bank a/c with Money bookers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

moneybookers are even worse than neteller.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

zuutroy wrote: »
    You have to do all that **** to be able to withdraw to a bank a/c with Money bookers too.

obv i've never used the withdraw feature....:D
    the plan was to get cheques - thats possible right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

I havent got one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Got it too... really don't want to be bothered doing it though, I hardly ever use Neteller anymore now most sites let me cashout to my CC...

It's also a bit annoying since my account is already linked to my Bank, what more info should they bloody need??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

didn't get one yet anyway... but I did verify my bank account and all that stuff last year...

• Registered Users Posts: 38,308 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Macspower wrote: »
    didn't get one yet anyway... but I did verify my bank account and all that stuff last year...
    Check your spam.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

eagle eye wrote: »
    Check your spam.

nope just big slick and chili poker in there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

I got this as well :(

This seems silly if it is genuine!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭pok3rplaya

Ya I got it too. Let me know what neteller support say please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

found it in my junk mail folder.
    sent all that before / linked the bank account etc.
    any1 get a reply from neteller yet ?

No reply from Neteller yet but not too shocked, they are up there with Full Tilt with their customer support

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

ionapaul wrote: »
    Got the same one - what a pain if this is something that is really required, doubt I'll be using Neteller again.

Same here,I have not used Neteller in a while but it was nice to have as an option.I am not going through all this hassle incase I need to use Neteller down the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dilldappe

I use the Neteller Card and it is one year old next month.

Last week, someone from Neteller called me and wanted the answer to my security question. I wanted to verify, that the person is from neteller and she gave me the first correct letter to my sercurity answer.

The neteller Card will be invalid after one year and they wanted to get the same documents (Address validation and personal id card scans) and sent an email after the call. I also asked to mailsender to verify her account, not be replying, but inserting the ...@neteller.com mailaddress and it was a successful verification.

They check the validation for the account obviously every year, if your neteller account has higher state.

Greetings

bump. Is this legit?

They never replied to my mail :rolleyes:
    I actually forget I sent it at this stage

But I was on to chat and they said it was and there is a link to same mail on front page so believe it is

OK I just sent my stuff. If I get scammed I'm coming after you!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

i got something similar from paypal once i went over 1300 in transactions, its some EU law that they need to have verified the info to combat money laundering.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Sorry about the bump.
    Just got the same netteller email today. Looks like I have to send them the same id I sent less than a year ago. Ho-hum.
    I assume if anyone was scammed they would have already posted about it here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

Yeah, it looks completely legit. I got this reply after sending in docs.
    Dear Customer,

Thank you for your email. We have reviewed and verified your documents and are pleased to advise you that your account is now up-to-date. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Thank you for choosing NETELLER.

Best regards,

Advertisement