Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cdwow problems.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I ordered a box set from cdwow on the 28th June, it shipped on the 11th August and arrived yesterday, so maybe yours are all in the post?
    I'd given mine up for lost :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

I sent an email basically asking how long I'd be waiting for a dvd box set ...
    this is what I wrote:
    Hi there, I am thinking about ordering a dvd from you but I have some apprehensions. I have heard that there can be long waits for you to delivery certain titles. The DVD in question is: Twin Peaks - Definitive Gold Box Edition (10-DVD)(dansk, svenska, norsk, suomi) €57.99 Region: 2 (UK, Western Europe, Japan) Can please you tell me how long delivery would take (approximate) to Ireland from the date purchased. Thank you. Alan

this is the reply I got:
    Hi Alan,

Thanks for your e-mail message.

Stock items will be despatched within 48 hours and sooner if we are able and items temporarily out of stock will follow when available.

This means part orders are despatched as product becomes available and we do not hold up your entire order waiting for the out of stock item to become available.

Pre-releases are despatched within 24 hours of the release date shown on the website.

The majority of orders arrive well within a week, although we kindly ask all of our customers in the UK/Ireland to allow up to 7 working days for an order to be delivered from the date of dispatch.

If you have any further questions then please do not hesitate to get back to us.

Kind Regards

So then I wrote this:
    Hello, Can you tell me if this DVD below is in stock please? If not can you tell me how long it would take for it to come in stock and for it to be dispatcehd.

Twin Peaks - Definitive Gold Box Edition (10-DVD)(dansk, svenska, norsk, suomi
    http://www.cdwow.ie/Twin-Peaks-Definitive-Gold-Box-Edition-10-DVD/product/view/2498063

Thank you.
    Alan

And then I got this response :
    Hi Alan,

Thanks for your e-mail message.

I can confirm that this item is on the back order list with no date of dispatch listed.

If there is anything else we can do for you please don't hesitate to get back to us.

Kind Regards

So basically I want to know how long I'll be waiting for my box set IF and a big ****ing IF I order it from them. And the answer I got is "its on back order" . That means nothing to me, they could've said "you could be waiting up to 6months for it" to which I would obviously ****ing balk at and not order, instead I get the run around answer.
    Chancers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Seriously Alan if you want Advice and good advice dont want your time, Borrow a friends CC or something and buy off play or something, It took 2 halfs months to get my money back and with no products, and they either send you generic emails or ignore you.

Seriously Alan if you want Advice and good advice dont want your time, Borrow a friends CC or something and buy off play or something, It took 2 halfs months to get my money back and with no products, and they either send you generic emails or ignore you.

Yeah I think I'll do that, shame though, CDwow where the only crowd that had that Twin Peaks box set for that price.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Can you give me the link to which one you are looking at, If you have a Region Free dvd player,

http://www.axelmusic.com/productDetails/097361309026

Have order off them MANY times and fantasic service and value.

• Advertisement

Can you give me the link to which one you are looking at, If you have a Region Free dvd player,

http://www.axelmusic.com/productDetails/097361309026

Have order off them MANY times and fantasic service and value.

Cheers, I do have a multi region player but I dont want to get this on Region 1 because a lot of times I like to have twin peaks parties in friends' houses. I also lost the remote to my multi region player

http://www.cdwow.ie/Twin-Peaks-The-Definitive-Gold-Edition-10-Disc-Set/product/view/2504802

http://www.cdwow.ie/Twin-Peaks-Definitive-Gold-Box-Edition-10-DVD/product/view/2498063

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭RobbieMc

RobbieMc wrote: »
    Used my Pigsback points to get a CDWOW voucher.
    Ordered two PC games on the 8th August, current status is Dispatched.
    Email from CDwow said 10 days for delivery.
    Still no goods, made contact last week and they replied asking me to wait 5 more days for goods to arrive.
    It will be 5 more days tomorrow, still nothing yet.

Waste of time, will be sending a complaint not only to CDWOW but to Pigsback also who advertise and promote the voucher.

:mad::mad:

Today I have still not recieved my replacement goods. An email to them came back with the reply, give it one more day!! what difference is that going to make?
    I had confirmed address details before nwo with them and gave them the benefit of a few extra days as i think the two PC games I ordered are coming from the USA. At this stage I could have bought the games cheaper in Zavvi or the like.
    I'll forward a copy of the emails to Tammy and see what happens.

Robbie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Yikes only spotted this thread now. They really have gone to the dogs. I ordered a PC game over 3 weeks ago and I've been on to them. Got the usual wait some more time bull, then a supervisor emailed to see she would look into it. No further reply since. By the sounds of things the game will arrive at some stage, but I'm going to threaten a chargeback if I hear nothing by Monday.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I ordered a DVD from them at the end of September, the only reason I did so was because they were the only online stockist of the film. It was a new release, they said they had it in stock.

After the first week I asked when it was being dispatched as I had heard nothing from them. They told me they were waiting for delivery from their stockist and as soon as they knew when that would be they would let me know.

A week later I get another, identical email telling me that their waiting to hear from their stockist about when it will be in.

I kind of lost the plot then and wrote them a stinking email, saying that I had heard their customer service had gone down hill but I hadn't believed it was this bad, that I had ordered this film as a birthday present but it was now becoming closer to being a Christmas present. I said I believed that they were waiting for more orders to come in for the particular DVD before even contacting their supplier and that I would be giving them 48 hours to resolve this or I would initiate a chargeback on my credit card and would be informing everyone I know not to use their service.

Lo and behold, 24 hours later I get an apologetic email from a supervisor and notice that my item has finally been dispatched.

I hate having to take the hard line with companies but it seems to be the only way to get cdwow to move on things.

I'm just hoping now that the package will actually turn up within a decent amount of time.

• Advertisement

I ordered a DVD from them at the end of September, the only reason I did so was because they were the only online stockist of the film. It was a new release, they said they had it in stock.

After the first week I asked when it was being dispatched as I had heard nothing from them. They told me they were waiting for delivery from their stockist and as soon as they knew when that would be they would let me know.

A week later I get another, identical email telling me that their waiting to hear from their stockist about when it will be in.

I kind of lost the plot then and wrote them a stinking email, saying that I had heard their customer service had gone down hill but I hadn't believed it was this bad, that I had ordered this film as a birthday present but it was now becoming closer to being a Christmas present. I said I believed that they were waiting for more orders to come in for the particular DVD before even contacting their supplier and that I would be giving them 48 hours to resolve this or I would initiate a chargeback on my credit card and would be informing everyone I know not to use their service.

Lo and behold, 24 hours later I get an apologetic email from a supervisor and notice that my item has finally been dispatched.

I hate having to take the hard line with companies but it seems to be the only way to get cdwow to move on things.

I'm just hoping now that the package will actually turn up within a decent amount of time.

I was going to ask if people had been ordering stuff that said in stock or not. I want to get this dvd as it's cheap and they say in stock but fcuk waiting 6months for it!!!

Has anyone heard of anything positive ? The only reason I want to buy from them is because they accept Laser and I've no credit card so no play.com or amazon for me:( But I'm to believe that when it comes to Laser there's no comeback and you're at their mercy.

Has anyone taken any complaints further ? Who is you complain to when a business screws you over ? I forget who it is but there's some public body to protect consumer rights and all that.
    Surely cdwow can't say something is in stock and that delivery will take approx 7business days and then there's a huge group of people who've experienced delays of months upon months!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Jack Bauer999

I was going to ask if people had been ordering stuff that said in stock or not. I want to get this dvd as it's cheap and they say in stock but fcuk waiting 6months for it!!!

Has anyone heard of anything positive ? The only reason I want to buy from them is because they accept Laser and I've no credit card so no play.com or amazon for me:( But I'm to believe that when it comes to Laser there's no comeback and you're at their mercy.

Has anyone taken any complaints further ? Who is you complain to when a business screws you over ? I forget who it is but there's some public body to protect consumer rights and all that.
    Surely cdwow can't say something is in stock and that delivery will take approx 7business days and then there's a huge group of people who've experienced delays of months upon months!

the best compaint to take is stop buying stuff from them.
    you cant believe what their website says,
    even stuff you pre-book get delayed.

i don't know why people keep buying stuff from CD WOW when it widely
    know for months/years that they are absolutely rubbish.

the chances of what you ordered arrived is pot luck.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

So a month and a half after the order and a month since the allegedly dispatched it, there is still no sign of the DVD I ordered.

I didn't want to order from them in the first place but they were they only place (supposedly) stocking the DVD I wanted, other than Danish sites that would only ship to Denmark.

I'm going to start charge back proceedings on Friday if it hasn't shown up by then.

I'm going out on a limb here but I think a lot of the problem has to do with them listing stuff on their site that they don't have in stock. play.com state wether or not they've an item in stock and most websites (take thomann.de for example) will give you an idea on how long it will take them to get it. So cdwow say "oh yeah we'll see you xyz dvd but you'll be waiting indefinately for it because it's going to take us 6months to find someone in xyz country to supply us with it"

This is insane and someone should report them, there's got to be codes being breached here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I'm going to start charge back proceedings on Friday if it hasn't shown up by then.

I wouldn't wait that long. It's obviously gone missing, or was never posted at all. CDWow are the pits these days.
    This is insane and someone should report them, there's got to be codes being breached here.

Since they're Hong Kong based, then it would have to be under Chinese consumer law. It's doubtful anything can be done, except to avoid them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

I ordered a sale item, Simpsons Movie, and it arrived about 3 days later. I don't think I'd trust them with anything more than a few euro these days though based on above.

jor el wrote: »
    I

Since they're Hong Kong based, then it would have to be under Chinese consumer law. It's doubtful anything can be done, except to avoid them.

But they've an Irish registered domain website ? Surely that means that they're accountable to someone ?

Advertisement