Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC/NTL and Linksys WRT54G

Options
  • 18-08-2008 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hey there.
    Recently switched from Smart to upc. I'm having absolutely no luck getting my wireless router to work and have no idea where to start. the wireless network is set up but its saying "limited or no connectivity".
    Is there a dummies guide to setting it up. I've spent ages searching the forums.
    Any help appreciated and thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Plug it in with the cable and disable your wireless adapter on your laptop - see if that fixes the problem. If it does, let us know and we can go from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Try the steps HERE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mneary85

tried both the suggestions above and unfortunately neither worked. any more suggestions? the internet is working with the ethernet cable but not over the wireless

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭abakan

is there any other wireless interfering with the signal? do you have the wireless set up for DHCP?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Did you at any stage enter any settings, apart from setting up the wireless network, when you were with Smart? You could try doing a complete reset of the linksys - there is a little button at the back that you hold in for several seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mneary85

yup, the wireless is set for DHCP. tried the reset as well. still nothing....

Advertisement