Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A5 SE VS Audi A5 S Line Exterior

Options
  • 18-08-2008 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Can anyone clear this up for me.

Is the alloys the only differences between an Audi A5 SE and S-Line/Sport from an exterior point of view?

Thanks

J

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

no, the sline has a different front, different rear bumper, running boards and sline badge.

You can buy an 'sline' without exterior pack though

front:
    a5sline19wheels.jpg

side fins:

006__scaled_600_056.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 jballantine

cheers there really helpful. have been looking at lots of photos but could not notice the difference.

so on viewing, there should be a very noticeable fin on the sidekirts for it to be an S Line. I deffo thought the dealers were pulling a fast one.

Thanks

yep, fin on sides, chrome fogs, and grill insert in rear apron as below.

CB4_1057518_4_359784.jpg

However as I said, you can spec the interior pack sperately from exterior pack, so you may see one without exterior pack called the sline.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There are also S-Line insignias or logos on the exterior of the car too, I think they are located on the wings of the A5 close to where the side repeaters would have been located.

yep, you can see them in the pics above. However if you only get the interior pack they stick these on too afaik

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

copacetic wrote: »
    yep, you can see them in the pics above. However if you only get the interior pack they stick these on too afaik

Also fitted to the steering wheel as well as the scuff plates on the doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,363 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

The front fogs on the standard car are chrome ringed as are the sline one however the fogs on the standard car are cut slightly up into the bumper paintwork whereas the s line fog lamp is located completely within the plastic grill. The front bumper is very slightly more aggressive on the s line.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,363 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

If you are thinking of buying a front wheel drive version of the A5 (as opposed to four wheel drive), Insist on test driving one on the type of roads you will be using it on. Ive got a 1.8T and it handles like a pig on anything but the best roads so be warned! It has excellent cornering grip but cannot handle uneven surfaces without drifting & pulling from side to side. Ive driven 5 different ones but mine seems to be the worst for this so be careful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭futura123

or go for the fantastic TTS quattro, sticks to all kinds of road surfaces!!!!! the audi magnetic ride is amazing . dont think that is available on the a5/ s5?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭MarkN

A TTS for 70k? :eek:

Audi are dreaming again more like!

• Advertisement
Advertisement