Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irishanimals website

Options
  • 18-08-2008 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I found a little lurcher pup wandering about on Saturday night, I took him home, but was unable to keep him. Rang around the sancturies this morning and no-one was able to take him so unfortunatly I had to bring him over to the pound. I posted up a ad on Irishanimals on Saturday night but its still not live on the site. Is this normal?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Have you tried contacting the moderator themselves also on the website discussion board itself under urgent matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

not sure about that, but the pups days are numbered. You need to get him out of the pound asap!

Put up an ad in the 'volunteers needed' section on both Irishanimals and petsireland.invisionzone.com - hopefully you can get a foster carer to look after him until you can find something permanent!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Agree with Glowing and I'd also put him up on the urgent section on PetsIreland.

Which pound? If it's one with a rescue group attached then you may be able to liase with them, if not the pup has 5 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Its the WSPCA in Glenealy. I've rang around everywhere and noone could take him. I'm really surprised that his owners hasn't come forward as the little guy was really well looked after- housetrained and no problem sleeping at night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Well if you can't take him, his owners don't come forward or you don't find a rescue to take him then it's not looking good for him. Put him up on PI in urgent matters, maybe someone will take pity on him but do it asap. Wicklow isn't the worst place to be in the world for a dog, their figures for 2007 are 34% pts but that's due to a couple of individuals who give up their own time and money to get dogs out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Can't see any post on the urgent matters section on IA if it won't work for you even put it in the critter section and it could be moved for you.

Thanks I have emailed the mod of Irishanimals and put an ad up on the urgent matter on Petsireland. unfortunalty I don't have any pics of him, but its the last post on the page.

Someone replied to the ad on Petsireland, and I will be bringing him over to his new home tomorrow.:):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

Great that the little guy is saved :)

Advertisement