Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The man who cycled the world

Options
  • 18-08-2008 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

BBC1 11:25pm tonight , tue ,weds and thurs about Mark Beaumonts world record ride.
    Might be interesting.

Comments

I laughed and shook his hand and made my way back home...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭kcphoto

That took me a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

thanks for that dude, I have seen the orange ad a few times and it looks like an interesting tale.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Did anyone happen to tape the first episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

blorg wrote: »
    Did anyone happen to tape the first episode?

Have it on series link on sky +

• Advertisement

Is that something that you could ahem supply me with a copy of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Chris Peak

Yeah, I taped it.

I'll put all the episodes on the one tape.

Give me a pm at the end of the week if you want a copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Is that something that you could ahem supply me with a copy of?

Ahem....i'd have to do a bit of figuring out but i'm sure it's possible, never tried it before let me know if u want a copy......ahem !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

I watched it last night and thought it was excellent. Looking forward to tonight's episode (11.05pm)

Here's a documentary on YT, I think it's an Orange edited summary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzhPZjWgLt4&feature=user

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭lukester

Saw it too, quite enjoyable, and an impressive feat. Have the DVR set to tape the next few episodes. Found the narration a tad odd at times, they called 100 miles in a day the 'marathon of cycling'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclegadabout

Got it off mininova in a couple of hours.

I'll watch the other episodes on TV though.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ChipPanBuddha

There is also a 2 part radio interview with Alistair Humphreys, a Scotsman who spent 4 years cycling round the world. Part one is archived here:
    http://thebikeshow.net/
    Part Two should be up soon as the programme was broadcast last night.
    Some really interesting cycling themed programmes in the archive.

lukester wrote: »
    Saw it too, quite enjoyable, and an impressive feat. Have the DVR set to tape the next few episodes. Found the narration a tad odd at times, they called 100 miles in a day the 'marathon of cycling'.
    100 miles= a cycling "century" in the English-speaking world (outside metrificated Ireland :D) which is often considered the "marathon" of cycling. Opinion is divided as to whether it is more or less difficult (obviously being a cyclist I would think the marathon is more difficult, it depends what pace you are trying to do it in too though as on the bike you can coast.)

100 miles= a cycling "century" in the English-speaking world (outside metrificated Ireland :D) which is often considered the "marathon" of cycling. Opinion is divided as to whether it is more or less difficult (obviously being a cyclist I would think the marathon is more difficult, it depends what pace you are trying to do it in too though as on the bike you can coast.)

Interesting, I guess pace is a big factor. I could manage 100 miles on the bike, couldn't even imagine running 26 miles though.

lukester wrote: »
    I could manage 100 miles on the bike, couldn't even imagine running 26 miles though.
    Hence you are posting on the cycling forum :D Seriously though, I agree, I have done only a small bit of running (no more than 10 km), I can certainly imagine running 42km but hurts more than the bike that is for sure. All that impact.

Hence you are posting on the cycling forum :D

Hehe- took up running again recently, but the longest I ever ran was about 8k, I think I'm built for cycling, at least that's my excuse :D

Advertisement