Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PPS # ASAP

Options
  • 18-08-2008 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Just got called for a job and I can't start until I have a PPS#. Me and my wife are headed to the social office tomorrow to put in for it. My question is once I've applied for it is there any way to get it faster than to wait for the post, maybe expedite it. I read online that it takes a week for it to post and I know this job isn't going to wait that long, and well my phone is not exactly ringing off the hook with job offers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Do you have your last P60 (or P45 if you left your previous job)?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

blow_in wrote: »
    Just got called for a job and I can't start until I have a PPS#. Me and my wife are headed to the social office tomorrow to put in for it. My question is once I've applied for it is there any way to get it faster than to wait for the post, maybe expedite it. I read online that it takes a week for it to post and I know this job isn't going to wait that long, and well my phone is not exactly ringing off the hook with job offers.
    Explain the situation to your boss, you'll have to wait for your first wage though.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

From the Citizen Information site.

PPS Numbers are printed on the following documents:
    * Social Services Card
    * Drugs Payment Card
    * P60 (the annual statement of pay, tax and social insurance contributions from your employer)
    * P45 (the statement of tax and pay to date issued by employer when you leave employment)
    * Tax Assessment
    * PAYE Notice of Tax Credits
    * Temporary Payment Card

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Mr E wrote: »
    Do you have your last P60 (or P45 if you left your previous job)?

If he doesn't have a PPS no. then he can't have any tax documents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 blow_in

hey..thanks for the quick replies...
    I think I need to clarify..
    I have never had a PPS number. I am just moved over and have a GNIB card so I have no P45 or anything with a PPS number on it.
    I just need it ASAP cuz Dell wont even hire me without it.
    I did read online that you can go in the office the day after you apply and get it but I know sometimes what you read online isnt always the case.
    Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Buglim

You will get your PPS number there and then at the tax office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 blow_in

I was able to get my PPS# the day after I applied at the social center in the city centre they just gave me a number to call the next day. I appreciate everybody's responses thanks.

Advertisement