Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

math failure. second chance to take a test for college places!

Options
  • 18-08-2008 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭

due to the large amount of math failure, several colleges are offering potential candiadates a chance to take a math exam over the next few weeks at the college they applied to.
    read this in the paper today. seems promising.

anyone have more info on it, as im seriously stuck and need to take it for my place in college.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

which college are you interested in? If by chance its GMIT or NUIG theres a bit here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055357568

or on www.gmit.ie

need to apply now for 3 week course starting monday 25th august

different levels of exam depending on whether say you need a C3 for engineering or an OD3 for a non-mathsy course

I think NUIM are offering something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Myth wrote: »
    I think NUIM are offering something similar.

yeah the maths exam for engineering is on friday. says it will be based on the leaving cert syllabus

NUIM have vacant engineering places on www.cao.ie

i'd say theres more information on http://admissions.nuim.ie/school_leavers/maths_engin.shtml

yeah they have sample papers and free online revision for this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

im looking at going to waterford. sadly, it doesnt look good. i reckon im gonna have to wait another year, re-take math again and apply as a mature student for feburary.

Advertisement