Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last date to apply to college

Options
  • 18-08-2008 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭

Is there a deadline/set date when applying to colleges in Ireland to get into a course?

Comments

From here:
    B)
    Restricted Categories of Applicant:
    1)
    Mature Applicants:

Mature applicants are those seeking entry on grounds of mature years. In all cases, before applying on mature grounds, intending applicants should contact the Admissions Office or Mature Students Officer of the appropriate HEIs well in advance of application closing dates.

Normally you should be 23 years old on or before 1st January 2008 for admission in Autumn 2008 and you must apply by 1st February 2008. However, some HEIs may have a different age requirement, different definitions of mature applicants, etc., and some will consider applications received after 1st February 2008 (but not for nursing/midwifery mature course codes).

Mature applicants (except in the case of nursing/midwifery courses) should apply direct to the HEIs shown on Page 5. Mature applicants for nursing/midwifery must apply for such courses through CAO by 1st February 2008.

I assume you were looking for information as a mature student?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

I'm not yet a mature student but I'm inbetween if that makes sense. What options do I have now that the date is passed? Besides waiting until next year of course.

There are courses, mainly in the ITs, who allow people just to apply directly to them now and they'll take you on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Isn't there something on the CAO website re: available/unfilled places?

Advertisement