Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox novice with a Q !!

• 18-08-2008 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

This question is really on behalf of my 9 yr old brother. He wants me to find out for him how he can play his games with other people online. What do we have to buy or do??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Apart from the console you need a broadband internet connection, a game with multiplayer and a subscription to Xbox Live (around EUR60). It's fairly straightforward from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

If you've already got a broadband connection at home it's a doddle.
    You'll need a credit card for the Xbox Live subscription or you can buy it at xtravision or any game store.

Pick the 'Join Xbox Live!," option on the xbox and follow the steps (you'll need an email address.)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Some games, come with a free month's trial of the Live service, so you might wanna try that first to see what ye think.

You will need to connect your xbox into your broadband router via a network cable or, if it has wireless, you can get a wireless adaptor for the XBox which is a little on the pricey side IMO.

Also - please do keep an eye on him - it's not the sort of thing you should let a 9 year old do unsupervised - the language can be coarse at best. If that makes me sound like some sort of over anxious worrier, then I appologise, but these are the times we live in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,287 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Yeah listen to what Kharn said. Keep him away from playing Halo 3 online if at all possible, a 9 year old doesnt need to hear the things some people say while playing that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

from what ive read online its usually american teenagers that tend to spew out racist bull****, i rarely use the headset when im online,

also if u have a laptop or pc with wireless u can run the xbox through that connection but there have been some problems, i had to go and buy a wireless adapter for mine which cost around €70

• Advertisement
Advertisement