Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Boy Racer Lingo/Slang

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

GWCat wrote: »
    Ok this is my first time ever dealing with a forum thread apart from the tech support ones for fixing the computer. I'm noticing a trend. Everyone has a dig at everyone else interesting behaviour. The information I seek assistance in goes unanswered. Maybe I'll change the character to a sad lonely man who sits at his computer all day writing in electronic forums, because he has no noticeable personality in the real world he has resorted to developing an electronic one. hmm I like that... maybe one day there'll be a powercut and his computer goes blank. What does he do then hmm...stare at the wall perhaps, alone in his room, his only movement is his blinking...Perhaps online he'll be known as 'Workaccount' :p
    Look, it's nothing personal; it's just a common reaction to when someone signs up and there first few posts are looking for something without contributing. In particular on this Galway board, there's been a load of ingrate local journos soliciting opinions (and indeed stealing wholesale from threads here) which has made people a little wary of new users who are asking quite specific (and possibly loaded) questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Ok this is my first time ever dealing with a forum thread apart from the tech support ones for fixing the computer. I'm noticing a trend. Everyone has a dig at everyone else interesting behaviour. The information I seek assistance in goes unanswered. Maybe I'll change the character to a sad lonely man who sits at his computer all day writing in electronic forums, because he has no noticeable personality in the real world he has resorted to developing an electronic one. hmm I like that... maybe one day there'll be a powercut and his computer goes blank. What does he do then hmm...stare at the wall perhaps, alone in his room, his only movement is his blinking...Perhaps online he'll be known as 'Workaccount' :p

Are you sad and lonely seeing as you are on an internet forum?

Maybe you spend all day writing fictions about boy racers because you have no noticeable personality or friends in the real world so you resort to making up paper ones?

See how that can be turned around?

Now I suggest you take your ignorant prejudices and GTFO.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Didn't you have a thread in AH or some other forum too OP?

Take the hint...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Sherifu wrote: »
    Didn't you have a thread in AH or some other forum too OP?

Take the hint...

yeah but it was locked within minutes heh.. funny that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭tristanc

I know no boy racers. But I can certainly make up some slang for you!

"Happy Meal" - Large family-sized sedan or mini van. IE "Dude! Let's gun it by the happy meal and make them leave a surprise on the seats!"

"Sliding the bullet through the snake hole" - speeding through two parked cars, removing a side mirrors but no other damage. Can be appreviated - ie 'Dude! Corky completely snake-holed that happy meal! Fat bitch is going to eat her knickers when she sees!"

"Scruffing" - Selling yourself for gay sex in order to earn money to upgrade your car. ie "Dude! Look at these new tires I totally scruffed all last night!"

"Flammuxed" - When your opponent nails you with a double whammy of both a Flame Cloud and a Oil Slick. "Dude! Corky totalled flammuxed me in that racist. I'm so burnt, I need to scruff some major upgrades!"

"Toaster" - Perjorative for Cylons. Considered racist by them. ie "Dude! Frakking Toasters!"

Yes I have work I should be doing. I'll get back to that now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

You are hilarious....not. See what I did there.

Quite frankly I don't really care for any of your posts because they are non-contributing. You don't ever post your opinions on stuff here which makes you about as interesting as watching a kettle boiling.

You seem to enjoy sniding at the sidelines where your nice and safe - if you want to have an argument or don't agree with my posts I ask you kindly to post an reasonable response which I can reply back to. Perhaps you will influence me or I will influence you. Maybe we will have to agree to disagree. I don't really understand what your problem is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 GWCat

Are you sad and lonely seeing as you are on an internet forum?

Maybe you spend all day writing fictions about boy racers because you have no noticeable personality or friends in the real world so you resort to making up paper ones?

See how that can be turned around?

Now I suggest you take your ignorant prejudices and GTFO.

Hey don't take it personally, only rising ye, don't really mean it or believe it. Prejudices generally are based on ignorance although again they can be based on actual experiences which in turn people apply generalisations to. There is always going to be assholes in cars who think its funny to speed towards you when your on your bike. I wasn't looking for a stereotype, I was just looking for lingo, Perhaps the question would have been better phrased if I just looked for slang in general as applied to cars and allthings associated. Anyway that piece is complete now so i no longer need any assistance. it's been fun even if it was unproductive. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

JohnCleary wrote: »
    yeah but it was locked within minutes heh.. funny that

i reported it *proud* as one writer to another op-do your own fecking research.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Hey don't take it personally, only rising ye, don't really mean it or believe it. Prejudices generally are based on ignorance although again they can be based on actual experiences which in turn people apply generalisations to. There is always going to be assholes in cars who think its funny to speed towards you when your on your bike. I wasn't looking for a stereotype, I was just looking for lingo, Perhaps the question would have been better phrased if I just looked for slang in general as applied to cars and allthings associated. Anyway that piece is complete now so i no longer need any assistance. it's been fun even if it was unproductive. Cheers

I was talking about your attitude to internet fora members, not boy racers :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 GWCat

I was talking about your attitude to internet fora members, not boy racers :pac:

Yes I thought you might be which is why my answer dealt with both (note paragraph start)

And yes I'm still here, God these things are addictive

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Yes I thought you might be which is why my answer dealt with both (note paragraph start)

And yes I'm still here, God these things are addictive

Sure ya might aswell stick around now. Are you in college or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Thread closed at request of poster due to thread being moved/re-posted on a more appropriate forum.

The System, She Werks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement