Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eicom.net email on nokai e51

• 18-08-2008 9:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭

Hey all, just got Nokia e51 on meteor, and was wondering if anyone could give me a step by step guide to set-up my eircom emails on it?
    Cheers

Donal

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

incoming mail server is mail1.eircom.net and outgoing is mail1.eircom.net. Then the username and password you use for webmail.

They're the basics you need.

You may also need to ring Meteor and ask "please active the ISP access point on my account".

Try that much and let us know where you're at after.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

random wrote: »
    incoming mail server is mail1.eircom.net and outgoing is mail1.eircom.net. Then the username and password you use for webmail.

They're the basics you need.

You may also need to ring Meteor and ask "please active the ISP access point on my account".

Try that much and let us know where you're at after.
    That will get your incoming mail but wont let you send email.

Eircom's smtp servers block mail from ip addresses that they don't own afaik.

A solution would be to get a gmail account and send your eircom mail via google's smtp servers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

As far as I know eircom are blocking all non irish isp's. I have ntl cable broadband and can't send eircom mail, I have to use the web based crap or my 3 handset which is a pain.

Advertisement