Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youtube incredibly slow...help!

Options
  • 18-08-2008 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

I don't know why, but youtube has been loading incredibly slowly for me lately. I mean literally the progress bar is crawling along and every video takes 5-10 minutes to load.

Something has to be wrong...I am on BT 8MB. Has anyone else experienced this or can shed some light?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Uthur

yes my BT experience is less than stellar with youtube too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I am using another connection here with the same registered speeds as BT and it flies.
    Its definitely them.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Uthur

Jumpy wrote: »
    I am using another connection here with the same registered speeds as BT and it flies.
    Its definitely them.

i'm SO fed up with this nonsense from BT :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

I have been upgraded to about 12mb with BT and youtube is infuriatingly slow aswell - are they throttling it?

Does anyone know a workaround?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Thought it was just me! I have the same issue for ages, it's an on & off thing, sometimes it's fine, I'm a BT customer too, 3Mb BB.
    I'm not a big user of YouTube but it would be nice if it worked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I'm not a BT user (Virgin ) and most of my you tubes vids upload ok .It's the freezing / pause aspect that's annoying , but not as much as it used to be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Same here on a 6mb Smart connection, over the last couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Yarnhall

I get the same thing but some load just fine? (on UTV 3M)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭steamjetjoe

Glad you started this post. Im with eircom, was 2mb but i have noticed in the last week or so ive been upgraded to 3mb & ever since the upgrade, youtube vids take longer to load. Just doesnt make sence:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Demondaze

I'm with UTV (3mb; 5mb since the upgrade) and have also noticed this. Any other streaming site works perfectly fine but YouTube takes an absolute age to load anything. Something 5 mins long could take between 20 and 40 minutes to load.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Demondaze wrote: »
    I'm with UTV (3mb; 5mb since the upgrade) and have also noticed this. Any other streaming site works perfectly fine but YouTube takes an absolute age to load anything. Something 5 mins long could take between 20 and 40 minutes to load.
    +1, I'm on 3MB with BT.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Yarnhall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

I posted this on anotehr boards but..
    I've been with eircom BB for years and have had no problems to talk about albeit ericom are a bit slow.
    I decided to go for the BT 24mb in Dooradoyle Exchange Limerick about 2 weeks ago.
    They sent me the router/splitter thingys/password etc and all went well. Connected and downloaded some large file for the fun of it. The router stats say I'm 12920/1091 for speeds and I'm 3km from the exchange anyway. I'm happy enough with that.
    We like to use youtube and now it is very difficult to do so. It is jittery and jumpy and will only play about 3 seconds of a clip before it stops for a few seconds. It is the same on any video site like google videos.
    I've updated teh flash and java to the latest version and disconnected all phones on the lines/splitter things but still the same.
    Any advise on what to do about this as it is a big nuisance? Would going down to the 8mb package help???

I posted this on anotehr boards but..
    I've been with eircom BB for years and have had no problems to talk about albeit ericom are a bit slow.
    I decided to go for the BT 24mb in Dooradoyle Exchange Limerick about 2 weeks ago.
    They sent me the router/splitter thingys/password etc and all went well. Connected and downloaded some large file for the fun of it. The router stats say I'm 12920/1091 for speeds and I'm 3km from the exchange anyway. I'm happy enough with that.
    We like to use youtube and now it is very difficult to do so. It is jittery and jumpy and will only play about 3 seconds of a clip before it stops for a few seconds. It is the same on any video site like google videos.
    I've updated teh flash and java to the latest version and disconnected all phones on the lines/splitter things but still the same.
    Any advise on what to do about this as it is a big nuisance? Would going down to the 8mb package help???

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

No such problems with digiwebs 3mb and 7mb.

ScumLord wrote: »
    No such problems with digiwebs 3mb and 7mb.

that is great but what is causing it. its driving me nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Nope...I just upgraded to their 16MB a couple of weeks ago but am synching at just over 8 and it is ridiculously slow. I was on their 8mb package and it was fine...so annoying :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

that is great but what is causing it. its driving me nuts
    I don't know but it's not a general problem anyway. I've just been upgraded too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭rh555

Maybe someone else suggested it already but the Speedbit Video Accelerator works pretty well.

http://www.videoaccelerator.com/

GL

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

Sorry to dig up an old thread but are other people still having problems with this?

I'm on UTV 3mb and ever since the upgrade youtube has been horribly slow. Most things stream fine but youtube and certain other sites (comedy central website) have some kind of problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Youtube for me is so slow I have to wait m inutes for viedos to load! Other sites are grand

Advertisement