Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

diesel problem

Options
  • 18-08-2008 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

i have a renault trafic van (same as nissan and opel)and it is hiccuping a lot and stopping suddenly seams there is air getting into the fuel i had e machanic remove the fuel tank and check it clean filter ect yet problem persists so if any one has come across this problem before or could assist me please reply thanks in advance i live in dublin south and the van is 03 1.9 lwb

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭maceocc2

Diesel or petrol engines generally need a mix of air in the fuel, So i wouldnt say this is your problem, for example, a diesel engine works by compressing air so that the tempreture gets to about 700 degrees, then the fuel is injected which ignites instantly.

I would imagine there is a hole in the air intake pipe meaning that the air - fuel mixture isn't correct, which would cause exactly what your explaining. You could get a mechanic to have a look using a diagnostic kit (laptop thingy).

• Registered Users Posts: 40 czech

maceocc2 wrote: »
    Diesel or petrol engines generally need a mix of air in the fuel, So i wouldnt say this is your problem, for example, a diesel engine works by compressing air so that the tempreture gets to about 700 degrees, then the fuel is injected which ignites instantly.

I would imagine there is a hole in the air intake pipe meaning that the air - fuel mixture isn't correct, which would cause exactly what your explaining. You could get a mechanic to have a look using a diagnostic kit (laptop thingy).
    thanks for your reply sent the van for DOE today and needed tyres and two ball joints yet although running(badly) nothing about emissions is that normal i will look out for someone in dublin to check out fuel fault any recommendations welcome?

Advertisement