Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Wax Musuem

Options
  • 18-08-2008 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭

I know the opening of the relocated Wax Museum (In Smithfield) got postponed due to some of the figures being stolen. Does anyone know when this museum is going to be open or has it been pushed back indefinitely? Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Don't know if the Smithfield thing is happening anymore now.

Last I heard there was another location mentioned... can't remember where it was right now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Thanks for your response. I had heard something about Grafton Street on Google but I don't know about that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I knew you would be all over this thread like a flannel :) I hope they bring back the tunnels and the room that you emerge from that makes you all dizzy and looks like Ned Flanders house when it was rebuilt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

grafton street sounds unlikely. Did the stolen figures turn up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Hope they don't recover the waxwork of Michelle De Bruin which was in the old museum.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I did not hear anything about the figures being stolen,thats a bit mad sure what would you do with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6922901.stm

Yeah, happened last year. Then the opening was announced as Smithfield and nothing seemed to happened after that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Nolanger wrote: »
    Hope they don't recover the waxwork of Michelle De Bruin which was in the old museum.

Sounds like Ireland leading from the front once more when it comes to culture.
    Who else have they got?Brendan O'Carroll??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

They used to have a waxwork of Gerry Ryan in the old museum.

Nolanger wrote: »
    They used to have a waxwork of Gerry Ryan in the old museum.

Yep. I think that was about the last addition to the collection.

He was dressed like Neo from the Matrix for some reason though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭Esel

When they get a few Brazilians, I'll go!

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 graciegrace

only saw these replies on the Wax Museum, wasnt it great bring back the wax museum, the irish sports stars the irish presidents, the last supper, the flintstones snow white, the hall of mirrors, and not forgetting bob geldof and ELVIS!

The furry tunnels were the best.

But they'll never bring them back...

The Turtles were cool too.

373949468_a4d318c10e.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

Walking past Celtic Notr today I spotted a Joe Dolan Wax work in the window. With a small sign at his feet saying its was part of the collection if a new wax nuseum opening in foster place. Anyone know anyore about it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

I only rang up the other day to find out when they were opening. Yes apparently the new wax museum is opening in Forster Place but it probably will be after Christmas when it does......so I was told!

The furry tunnels were the best.

But they'll never bring them back...

The Turtles were cool too.

373949468_a4d318c10e.jpg
    WELL IT LOOKS LIKE A FORM OF THE WAX MUSEUM IS RETURNING, SAW THE WAXWORK OF JOE DOLAN IN CELT NOTE IN NASSAU ST. WITH A NOTE ATTACHED SAYING THATS ITS REOPENING IN THE SPRING 2009 SOMEWHERE UP AROUND ST. STEPHEN GREEN I THINK, OR WHAT COOOOOOOOOOLIO

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::D:D:D:D;);):rolleyes::rolleyes:
    THE WAX MUSEUM IS COMING BACK THE WAX MUSEUM IS COMING BACK
    THE WAX MUSEUM IS COMING BACK.............!

:cool::cool::cool::confused::confused:

coolio cool, cant wait so will they have the tunnels

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭Esel

^ Lose the Caps Lock, gracie!

Not your ornery onager

THE WAX MUSEUM IS WORTHY OF THE CAPS LOCK!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

so its foster place off dame street is it what building was free there?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Iirc Trinity moved or had plans to move a bunch of admin staff out of one of the offices there and into a building at the back of college - unless its one of those?

I think it's this one:

foster_place_lge.jpg

Great location for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

how can they afford that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Maybe Trinity are doing some community service? ;)

its sooo cool, i think that place in foster place is beside starbucks, can't wait, left off the caps tonite, sugars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

I thought Trinity has leased that uilding to Wrights and they wee to open a bar and restraunt there

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Degsy wrote: »
    Sounds like Ireland leading from the front once more when it comes to culture.
    Who else have they got?Brendan O'Carroll??
    Is it just me or does anyone think that waxwork museums are tacky in the extreme?

With all there is to see in Dublin, I cannot understand why anyone would want to waste time there. I'd rather do a tour of a wheelie bin.

Each to his/her own I suppose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Is it just me or does anyone think that waxwork museums are tacky in the extreme?

With all there is to see in Dublin, I cannot understand why anyone would want to waste time there. I'd rather do a tour of a wheelie bin.

Each to his/her own I suppose!

If it was Madame Tussaud's then it might be ok but have any of you people getting excited actually been to the original museum in Parnell Square? It was bleedin brutal-none of the figures looked anything like the celebrities.

• Advertisement
Advertisement