Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports in UCD?

Options
  • 18-08-2008 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has joined any of the teams in UCD before?? Did my undergrad there and just joined the gym but doing my postgrad this yr and thinking I"ll join soccor or tag rugby or something like that - haven't played team sports in a long long time - anyone know what the deal is? Do u need prev experience? Can anyone join (like i actually dunno how crap I am!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

elle wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has joined any of the teams in UCD before?? Did my undergrad there and just joined the gym but doing my postgrad this yr and thinking I"ll join soccor or tag rugby or something like that - haven't played team sports in a long long time - anyone know what the deal is? Do u need prev experience? Can anyone join (like i actually dunno how crap I am!)

No expereince necessary. Obviously you wont be on the top team for a while. I playerd with UCD Mens Hockey Club between Sept 2003-May 2007 I was always crap but it was a great outlet, and some decent socials aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭elle

Yeah I played hockey in school and played tennis but would like something a bit more physical, hence soccer or tag - think tag is separate to UCD but uses the grounds or something, supposed to be great social aspect alright! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

There is the UCD superleague, you can join that on freshers week. I played an entire season last year, its great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭Malmedicine

Sports in UCD is a must. Best decision I ever made to switch clubs!!(rugby) Nothing like the UraWadi after beating the snot out of a Trinity team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭elle

what is a superleague?

yeah think its about time i got the finger out and just joined like am fit enough so even if i'm **** least i'll be able to run I suppose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

elle wrote: »
    what is a superleague?

yeah think its about time i got the finger out and just joined like am fit enough so even if i'm **** least i'll be able to run I suppose

Superleague is the UCD soccer league. It is basically a sunday league thing but some of the teams take it pretty seriously. It is about 50 euro fees to join the team for a year and then there is subs of 21 euro a team to pay the ref (works out at about 2 euro a player).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Anyone know anything about the Athletics club? I run a bit (long distance, not sprints!) but amn't the fastest so maybe that would be a problem :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

HOw/Where do ya register for the superleague? Thinking I should do something, it'd be a laugh. Most matches are on Sunday too, yeah? Shall hopefully be able to get a team in, always a good laugh!

EDIT: Is that €21 subs, is that for a match, or the season?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,409 ✭✭✭✭noodler

There is the UCD superleague, you can join that on freshers week. I played an entire season last year, its great craic.

Which team? We finished 2nd in our league.

Taking football seriously is the only way to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

noodler wrote: »
    Which team? We finished 2nd in our league.

Taking football seriously is the only way to go!

Thats what I like to hear. :cool:

I'm definitely going to join the super league this year. Also, what are the chances of playing tennis in UCD?? Would love to take this back up. :)

So many things I want to do.:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement