Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Hurling Tickets

• 18-08-2008 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

Anybody know official date for tickets going on sale for the final.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tiny-tyno

Tickets for an All Ireland never go on sale, you will have to apply for a ticket through your Local GAA Club, to which is almost inpossible to get unless you are a member, player, comittee member etc.. if you know anyone up the country who is involved in GAA, all counties get issued a few tickets for the game, so that would be ur best bet unless you have any connections:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

brigadear wrote: »
    Anybody know official date for tickets going on sale for the final.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭eimearos

you can get them early next week on tickmaster but be quick and keep an eye out each day.

Ticketmaster? LOL

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Ticketmaster? LOL

Knowing nothing about how tickets are allocated between clubs at semis and finals - could you please expand on your point about not being able to get them for those of us who just don't grasp why it wont be possible? Excuse me if my intelligence doesn't reach the standard it should.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

I do apologise Sully. All Ireland final tickets have always been distributed from the clubs and corporate types. Perhaps you should check your own style of replying before criticising others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

I do apologise Sully. All Ireland final tickets have always been distributed from the clubs and corporate types. Perhaps you should check your own style of replying before criticising others.

To quote the great funaki.... "INDEEEEEEEEED!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Ticketmaster? LOL
    Well a mate rang ticketmaster and they said they would be on sale there ,no day yet.

If that is the case then it has changed.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Perhaps instead of just laughing at someone you actually tell then why they cant do it. Otherwise, don't bother posting at all if your going to just laugh at the bloody question asked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tiny-tyno

Yes I have just found out myself, that this year the whole system of distributing tickets have change. For years it was down to clubs, but now everyone has a fair chance to get a ticket.:D

Sully wrote: »
    Perhaps instead of just laughing at someone you actually tell then why they cant do it. Otherwise, don't bother posting at all if your going to just laugh at the bloody question asked.

I think you should take it to bloody PM if you have a bloody problem.

I think you should take it to bloody PM if you have a bloody problem.

Sure thing bud.

Anyway folks, lets swing this back on topic.

I overhead some people talking about the final and they were saying that it wont be easy getting tickets that there allocated to all the clubs - exactly like Mossy Monk has told us.

Hopefully Ticketmaster will have a few on sale, and people wont find it to hard to get a ticket for what hopefully will be a fantastic match!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Tickets will of course be hard to come by.

- Every club in the country will get tickets
    - Every player that played in the championship will get tickets
    - There are a number of corporate tickets already designated
    - The clubs from Waterford and Kilkenny will get something like 12,500 per county
    - The county boards from Waterford and Kilkenny get an allocation
    - Galway and Kilkenny also get an allocation as they are in the Minor final
    - The players from the competing counties get an allocation

I doubt Ticketmaster will have tickets for sale, if they do it will be a very small amount.

People that go to every game, year in, year out should get priority and be able to get tickets for the final they have been waiting so long for. Of course this isnt always the case and you will have a whole load people jumping on the bandwagon now that we are in the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Having looked at Ticketmaster, it seems they do actually sell GAA tickets now. Hurling final tickets are not up yet of course. Just football semi-final tickets right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭ChapOfDRyans

i really doubt ticketmaster will have them but could be wrong,I even doubt welsh park will have anything only terrace
    Our club will get about 200 tickets from the county board were the money is paid for before hand so if you are not involved in a club or know somebody your going to find it very hard.

Each player is allocated 10 tickets your given 4 and have to pay for 6 something like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Kahless wrote: »
    Having looked at Ticketmaster, it seems they do actually sell GAA tickets now. Hurling final tickets are not up yet of course. Just football semi-final tickets right now.

Ticketmaster have been selling GAA tickets for some time now. All Ireland final tickets are a different story however, due to the amount of tickets that go to clubs up and down the country.

Like I said before, I'll be extremely surprised if tickets for the final do go on sale on Ticketmaster. Even if they do, it will only be a handful

Fair play for all the info lads - makes things a little clearer now :)

as i have stated, Ticketmaster are definately selling the All Ireland Final tickets. My mam's cousin was on the waterford committee, so i think i do have my sources :p

eimearos wrote: »
    as i have stated, Ticketmaster are definately selling the All Ireland Final tickets. My mam's cousin was on the waterford committee, so i think i do have my sources :p

Any idea of numbers available via TicketMaster?

• Advertisement

when i find out for def, i will post it up, come on the deise....

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I cant see how somebody on the Waterford committee(assuming its the county board) would know how many tickets are going to be available.

Assuming they do become available on ticketmaster, they will be snapped up within seconds. For the past number of years, many work collegues from Kilkenny have had a nightmare trying to get all Ireland tickets, and they are dreading the battle that they will have this year. I think peoples only hope is to try clubs down in Cork. They have a huge amount of clubs down there and all does clubs will receive some sort of allocation. So if you have any friend or relations down there, start begging now:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭JLemmon

Emailed Ticketmaster this morning, reply below.

Dear Customer,

We are not certain that we will have an allocation of tickets for this event. It depends on the GAA.

We do not know what date the tickets will go on sale if we receive an allocation.

Please keep checking the website for updates.

Yours faithfully,

Customer Services Department
    Ticketmaster Ireland
    P.O. Box 4695

Thats probably a no so :p Since a lot of people here say the GAA wont, and TicketMaster dont know.

Was talking to people on the county board and they said that ticketmaster definatly wont be getting them and more then likely welsh park wont be selling them either all goin to the clubs.

Kilkenny got 18000 and waterford got 12000 so it seems anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

An extra 6,000 just for the minor match is a bit OTT in all fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

think it depends on the number of clubs in the county, maybe kk have more?

deise59 wrote: »
    An extra 6,000 just for the minor match is a bit OTT in all fairness.

Not really seen as every club that has a minor team gets tickets the the allocation to players,managers,team officals and the board

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

its an awful shame that tickets for these events seem to be restricted so much, have heard several people in work looking for them and god knows there offering alot to get there hands on them.

From what I understand it often seems to be the same old people going each year to these type of events as they just happen to be able to get there hands on them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

The best way to have a chance of getting tickets is to be a member of a club although you'll probably be looking at being in a draw

A lot of corporate tickets will be available if you know the right people to ask:pac:

You could try looking outside the county too or try get tickets for the football final and swap

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement