Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Hurling Tickets

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

Cabaal wrote: »
    its an awful shame that tickets for these events seem to be restricted so much, have heard several people in work looking for them and god knows there offering alot to get there hands on them.

From what I understand it often seems to be the same old people going each year to these type of events as they just happen to be able to get there hands on them

the thing that bugs me most is sunny day people that have never been to a game in their life attending the final with a never before worn replica top on, while us others who have attended almost all other games this year cant get a ticket.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

daftdave wrote: »
    the thing that bugs me most is sunny day people that have never been to a game in their life attending the final with a never before worn replica top on, while us others who have attended almost all other games this year cant get a ticket.

Thats just the way it is I'm afraid. Things will be no different this year to previous years, its just this year Waterford supporters are looking for tickets instead of Cork fans.

As long as I can remember, there has always been a shortage of tickets for the final and every year die hard fans miss out. The main reason for this is that sponsors always take their allocation of tickets for the final and the choose to give them to whom ever they choose, hurling fans or not. The fact of the matter is the the All Ireland hurling and football finals are a must see event for all GAA supporters regardlees to who competes in both finals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭JLemmon

Yeah and the really sad thing is seeing all the empty spaces in the stands when the corporate heads don't even turn up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 truman_m

Why should any of us bother to look for tickets for the all Ireland hurling Final (sounds crazy to me as I wright this but its true).
    As a Waterford Fan I have been to hundreds of matches over my life time, but when I felt we could make a final last year in 2007 I went looking for a ticket and I covered a lot of clubs in Cork and Kerry. The outcome was no normal Fan will get to go to this game. The GAA does not operate to help out the die hard fans from any county.
    The truth is if the GAA wanted to reward ordinary fans they would have introduced a fair system years ago. So the people who stood out in all those wet league encounters would now benefit for the loyalty they showed to their respective counties.
    The GAA can easily sell all its Ireland final day tickets so instead of allowing real fans to watch their counties they instead opt to go down the more lucrative corporate road and leave the fans high and dry.
    After the realisation of this last year I decided along with my usual match going friends to boycott Waterford matches this year and It showed as many of us never turned up this year to watch the matches. Instead I watched all the games from the comfort of Downey's bar in Dungarvan where we never have to feel disappointed ever again.
    This I hope will encourage patrons from other counties to do the same and hopefully one day the GAA may be forced to appreciate the ordinary wet weather fan. Don't get me wrong I still volunteer at my local club and drive the young lads to matches and so forth but when it comes to senior matches I'd rather boycott games until the system becomes more fair.
    What does everyone else think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

A true supporter wont boycott matches because the search for a ticket came up empty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

^Truman m

I think you may never see a senior Waterford game again if you wait.

In fairness the corporate boxes and premium seats were sold on 10 year leaseholds to part finance the building of the stadium. There will be ticket allocations to the main sponsors Etihad etc as well as the sponsors that advertise around the pitch side. Add to this Glanbia who have both finalists sponsored and there are a lot of tickets gone already. I'm not in any way defending the GAA here and I agree that some sort of loyalty scheme would be a great idea to let the genuine fans get tickets. However for an association that collects cash at the stiles for most games up to the summer this is not going to happen anytime soon.

tonc76 wrote: »
    I agree that some sort of loyalty scheme would be a great idea to let the genuine fans get tickets. However for an association that collects cash at the stiles for most games up to the summer this is not going to happen anytime soon.

I think something like the Parnell Pass in Dublin is required in every county of the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

truman you are cutting off your nose to spite your face.
    im lucky enough to be from kerry, and we make it to a lot of all ireland finals. i have no club connections, but am an ardent county supporter. i can honestly say that in all my years trekking to croke park, neither i, nor any of my extended family, nor any of my friends, have been left without a ticket on all ireland final day. granted, we mightnt have gotten them til 2pm on the day itself, and they mightnt have been great tickets, but we got them. if you dont have a ticket i always think its worth travelling up anyway and doing the rounds of quinns/hill 16 etc, there will always be tickets going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭eimearos

woohoo i am getting corporate tickets for the final :D

Nice one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

I think that anyone who hasn't been all year should stay well clear of the final to avoid the risk of bibing them.
    Watch it in the pub or at home and leave HQ to those who have brought the luck all summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I hear the kind of thing that's being said in many posts all the time. But they should have as much right as anyone to see their county play in the final. Smacks of sour grapes. God forbid someone going to a game like this may become a new regular supporter too. Sounds a bit elitist that "true fans" want to keep the general public out. And not a million miles from what they like to complain the corporate types do to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Kahless wrote: »
    I hear the kind of thing that's being said in many posts all the time. But they should have as much right as anyone to see their county play in the final. Smacks of sour grapes. God forbid someone going to a game like this may become a new regular supporter too. Sounds a bit elitist that "true fans" want to keep the general public out. And not a million miles from what they like to complain the corporate types do to them.

Nonsense.

I would welcome new attendees along to the final, but not at the expense of people who have spent time and money travelling and supporting the team all year. Never giving up believing they can make the breakthrough. Why should people going to a game for the very first time deserve to get a ticket ahead of someone going to all the games?

There are club games and a new season coming up for anyone who wants to start attending games. They will be welcomed with open arms, its not elitist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭showry

Kahless wrote: »

I hadn't intended to be elitist, I don't attend GAA games at all (I follow the blues for my sins). I'm probably just superstitious but if I hadn't been to a game all year, went to the final and they lost I'd be blaming myself.

That said, I do think that people who have been attending league games and early rounds all year should definitely get priority and that's not elitist, it's just fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Lucy Locket

KevIRL wrote: »
    Nonsense.

I would welcome new attendees along to the final, but not at the expense of people who have spent time and money travelling and supporting the team all year. Never giving up believing they can make the breakthrough. Why should people going to a game for the very first time deserve to get a ticket ahead of someone going to all the games?

There are club games and a new season coming up for anyone who wants to start attending games. They will be welcomed with open arms, its not elitist.

I'm out every January to watch Waterford play in leagues like the Waterford Crystal Cup, and I follow them all year round, this year I missed one match because my beloved Westlife were on on the same day and the one I missed was the one they lost against Clare...grrrrr.....

Oh and Newcomers are MORE than welcome to come out in January in the miserable rain to learn about them and enjoy the game :D:D

Anyhow...I have my order in with club for tickets, but told not guaranteed :(:(...so me just has fingers crossed and feelers out with anyone and everyone for tickets!!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭ChapOfDRyans

In the whole year i missed 1 game and that was the wexford one as i was on holidays

Getting tickets is all about who you know,either friends with the secretary of your club or county board or family working in croke park.I get premium tickets of a rep who supplies the job and some off the club i usually give the premium ones away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 tramore501

WATERFORD 2-22 KILKENNY 1-24!CUM ON DA DEISE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭eimearos

at least i have my corporate tickets, tis great, my heart will be up in my throat on sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Baby4 wrote: »

Every county says that, every year they are in the final...

Just be glad you have a ticket!

• Advertisement

Where's your ticket for?

I got a decent tickets from a contact I have in a club in Northern Ireland.
    One year, my dad got his ticket from the NYC club.

Baby4 wrote: »

You wont have a problem seeing everything unless a 30 foot giant sits in front of you.

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    You wont have a problem seeing everything unless a 30 foot giant sits in front of you.

Or you end up getting hammered while the minor match is on :pac:

I didn't mean for it to be a smart arse response :o

The upper tier is so steep you shouldn't have a problem. The person in front of you will be at your feet.

I always think the upper tier gives a better view. You will see everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    I always think the upper tier gives a better view. You will see everything.
    Not really......I was in row Y of the upper-tier of the Cusack stand for an Ireland game. The players looked like ants from up there...and there were birds flying below us!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

People, if you have spare tickets that you want to sell/ give away please don't post about it here.

Any posts about selling tickets will be deleted and bans will be handed out for it. Consider this fair warning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement