Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NTL 20MB broadband... but my download speed is 948kb/s (speedtest.net) :-/

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 JJB360

The date part is sarcasm firstly, secondly you must be a over sensitive female who says everything is sexist, I am not sexist, if it was a male I would have said the same things, I am a confident cocky male.

She is the worker, she is the one who lied, she did not know my modem was not rebooted as she even thought that fixed it.

Stop been so overly sensitive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭_Sidhe_

JJB360 wrote: »
    The date part is sarcasm firstly, secondly you must be a over sensitive female who says everything is sexist, I am not sexist, if it was a male I would have said the same things, I am a confident cocky male.

She is the worker, she is the one who lied, she did not know my modem was not rebooted as she even thought that fixed it.

Stop been so overly sensitive.

No, I'm a guy who lives in the 21st century.

And so now who's lying (again) because you just said, and I quote,....

... "I am not sexist, if it was a male I would have said the same things"

While in your last post you said, and again I quote,...

... "so I did withdrawl in a burst of laughter and said can I speak to a male please (yes I know its sexist of me sorry),"

You know what the term polar opposit means?!

How about another example.

In this post you said...

..."she is the one who lied"

While in the previous post you said...

..."I admit I lied and said I am rebooting it now, I never did so"

Yes she can see if your modem is online.
    Most likely however she was just happy to get a condescending sexist pig off the line.

To be honest my friend, I think this is the only honest thing you've said in your post'...

..."I am a very ignorant guy sometimes I admit"

However you're ignorant of a lot more than you think.

A burst of laughter as it was a Joke...

People make racist jokes, are they racist? no.

I ment to say she also lied, stop reading so deep into the post... very emotional!

And if she could see if my modem was online, why was she asking me if its on or off?

You are one of those forum flamers that go around reading deep and emotion into posts and trying to be smart and cause problems huh, well listen bud, if your a guy in the 21st cent, if you have a problem, I am available at City Center anytime to fix it for you. Offer is open 7 Days a week after before or perhaps during my work hours.

Step up to the plate in real life as much as your trying to step up to the plate with people on forum ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭_Sidhe_

:rolleyes:

Reported.

Ah yea, typical trouble makers response :)

Little men try cause arguments and fights on a forum, but always reply this same way :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

JJB360 takes a month off, as this is not the kind of behavior that's wanted or needed here.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

jor el wrote: »
    JJB360 takes a month off, as this is not the kind of behavior that's wanted or needed here.

Beat me to it, would have given him two for acting the complete muppet
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

guil wrote: »
    anyone doin speedtests, pick a server in the netherlands and it will give the proper speeds, i dunno y it is but its that way for me, and when i'm downloadin a file from heanet or anywhere i get 1.8-2.5mb p/s

If I remember correctly from my various traceroutes back in my NTL days the reason for this is that NTL seem to route their traffic through a sister company to UPC through the netherlands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭hootini

I know the thread is a bit old but is anyone experiencing chronic speeds with UPC at the moment ?

I'm on a 20 MB package and I'm getting about 3-5Mb on Speedtest for the past 6 weeks. On a bad day its about 15 % and on a good day its about 25% of my prescribed package.

UPC techsupport are useless in getting back to me, quoting "..theres an upgrade due in about 3 weeks that should sort out the issues..."

Thanks all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

Have you tested your connection speed by any other means than speedtest.net. Also are you testing over a wire or wireless connection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭hootini

DingDong wrote: »
    Have you tested your connection speed by any other means than speedtest.net. Also are you testing over a wire or wireless connection.

Sorry I should have mentioned that I also have a very strong IT background so I've gone through all the usual suspects. I've spoken with support and it was hinted that its affecting more that just myself.

Thus the question to ascertain just what percentage of 20Mb customers are actually attaining true speeds (as I used to achieve in the past).

Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jd213

I'm on their 10 MB package, and I've been getting under 1 MB all night every night since last week. Wasn't having any problems up til then - think they're doing work in the area, so I'm hoping it's that - bit worried it's contention, though, since I seem to be getting OK speeds in the morning. And no joy from their customer service. Another week of this and I'm back to Smart Telecom.

Advertisement