Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Taking my car to the UK

Options
  • 18-08-2008 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi Hope someone is able to help me!!
    I'm moving back to the UK next week and i'm taking my 06 Yaris with me. Does anyone know how I go about re registering it? I can't make head nor tail of the DVLA website. Any thought on Cost?
    Also i asked at Toyota today if the car can be changed from Kmph to Mph and they said no. Is it illegal to drive in Km over there?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,363 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Just sell it and buy a better car over there for the same money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭blooeyes

I did think of selling it, but have left it abit late now.

But you are basically giving money away by sticking a uk plate on it. you would be better off selling it for a very bad price here for a very quick sale than bringing it with you.
    Example: cheapest 06 yaris for sale on carzone.ie is 10,000 euro whereas you can buy a nearly new yaris in uk for that.

Really!!? Damn!! Maybe i'l ask dealership tomorrow if there'l buy from me.

Do you know if you can hire a car here and drop off in UK? I'm booked on the boat and have 2 dogs to take!! :eek:

Damn i really didnt look into this, maybe i'l have to come back and sell it.

How much do you think a 06 Yaris Luna with 16500km would fetch?

Dealers will offer poor price and generally dont want any secondhand cars at the minute but it would still beat taking it over and re-reging it. Check out the price range on carzone.ie for your mileage and model, then check autotrader.co.uk for same car and see what you come up with.
    Not sure about the hire car thing. Sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭afatbollix

blooeyes wrote: »
    Is it illegal to drive in Km over there?

Thanks in advance.

funnest thing ive seen in a long time lol:eek::pac:

they are different ways of measuring speed

classic

Thanks for that!!!
    I heard it was illegal to drive on a permanent basis in km, didnt mean just for a holiday!!

Glad i gave you a laugh!!

Have you got any constructive advice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

as long as you stick to the speed limit then whats the problem. Apart from it being a pain.

Advertisement