Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Person to adjust sat dish for Setanta.

• 18-08-2008 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

Having the well documented problems with Setanta reception. Looking for someone to adjust the sat dish. I'm in Letterkenny area. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

shayser wrote: »
    Having the well documented problems with Setanta reception. Looking for someone to adjust the sat dish. I'm in Letterkenny area. Cheers.

The Setanta signel is a joke lost count the number of times its btoke up when there has been the slightest bit of rain and as I am a follower of a scottish football team it gets right up my nose :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

The Setanta signel is a joke lost count the number of times its btoke up when there has been the slightest bit of rain and as I am a follower of a scottish football team it gets right up my nose :mad:
    Tell me about it. The realignment should help, hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Just a thought but if the dish was moved a little would that then not affect the quality of the Sky reception? And is Setanta not broadcast on the Sky lineup so moving the dish may not be necessary.

I know very little about these things but the above was just a thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

should sky not come out and fix this?
    my in-laws had problems with their reception, they phoned sky and they came out within a few days and realigned it. Plus they dont charge for sky from the time the fault is reported and the time its fixed.

• Advertisement

Same as that muffler, but I think that Sky and Setanta are quite close together and that a slight adjustment in the dish alignment helps with the poor Setanta reception.

That's what I got from this thread in the Satellite board:
    There's a thread about it in the Satellite board:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055133774

Senna wrote: »
    should sky not come out and fix this?
    my in-laws had problems with their reception, they phoned sky and they came out within a few days and realigned it. Plus they dont charge for sky from the time the fault is reported and the time its fixed.
    Because I ordered my Sky from a TV retailer in Letterkenny and it was they who did the install Sky won't talk to me. Told me I would have to go back to the retailer. Now, I had a different problem before and it was torture trying to get these guys to sort it out. So, I'd rather just get somebody who's recommended to have a look at it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

All sky signals have been playing up recently because of weather.... not entirely convinced that readjusting dish will solve completely. yes if dish has moved in wind there will be need to readjust but think the rain problem will continue to cause problems..

you can get a cheap metre in maplin Derry to align dish but I think the rain problem is different

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

All sky signals have been playing up recently because of weather.... not entirely convinced that readjusting dish will solve completely. yes if dish has moved in wind there will be need to readjust but think the rain problem will continue to cause problems..

you can get a cheap metre in maplin Derry to align dish but I think the rain problem is different

I have had sky out a few times and it seems to baffle them sometimes its ok for a few days after they have had a look at it but its not long before its back to normal :(

Advertisement