Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault Megane 14" - 15" wheels

Options
  • 18-08-2008 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know where you can find info on the maximum wheel size for a particular car? Or does anyone know whether a '99 Megane, saloon, will take 15" wheels? I'm probably going to pick up one tomorrow, but it's got 14" wheels, and I want to transfer the 15" ones off my Laguna onto it, better and newer tyres, so I'm hoping it will work.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

It'll work if you have the same amount of studs.

I've 15inch alloys on a 99 clio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Pretty sure they are, but will be checking it out.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Most Meganes came with 15" alloys as standard from 2001. 16's will go on handy enough too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Didn't work. The tyre was rubbing off the plastic in the inside of the wheel arch when I turned it on full lock. They're 195/65/15 tyres, so maybe lower profile would work, but not these ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

profile is too high and tyre is too wide, Standard tyres are 185/60 R15 from what I remember

Offset, centre bore and PCD is the same for Laguna Megane and Clio wheels from the late 90's

• Advertisement
Advertisement