Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access to Forum

Options
  • 19-08-2008 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭

I have sent a PM to the mod but got no reply, so here goes my request.

I would like to be able to post in the Politics forum again, I was banned some time ago for a discussion in feedback and related to my sig etc etc I know you probably know what happened.

Anyhow, I'm a member here now for a good few years, I've caused hassle for some mods no doubt, but I have also helped a lot of people here on different forums ranging from I.T help to construction, with soccer and mobile phones in between and god knows what else, I even helped a guy get his place in college here.

Anyway my point is while I have annoyed the Politics mods I have contributed in some small way to many threads here and I have always respected the ban, i.e. never started another username to get around the ban and if you look at my logs you'll see I log on from enough different IP addresses to have a shed load of identities, so I'm just asking nicely if a smod or admin could please nicely ask the Politics mods to consider letting me back in, on my best behaviour of course.

Cheers,

Al

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Hello, I have allowed the Politics moderators access to the Helpdesk so they can have their say directly. They will reply when they are ready, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Thanks Ruu,

This is an issue for the admins and the cat mod.

Specifically Vexorg, DeVore and OscarBravo as they were involved in the initial incidents.

Vexorg and OscarBravo have previous stated the ban is permanent and I don't believe I'm in a position to overturn their bans, even if I were inclined.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I'll reply later; don't have time to give this due consideration now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Thanks for taking the time lad's and ladies

One thing occurs to me: in no way does your OP suggest that you have ever accepted that you did anything wrong. This doesn't inspire confidence that, if given another chance, you'll act in any way differently from how you have before.

You see the problem?

• Advertisement

Sorry I thought that was obvious, of course I know I did wrong I shouldn't have opened the feedback thread, I should have accepted the rules of the Mahon thread and either posted within the rules or not posted.

On that basis, I've restored your access to the forum. I assume you'll understand that as last chances go, this one is pretty final.

Thank you most kindly, I will behave

Advertisement