Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone with Eircom DNS problems?

Options
  • 19-08-2008 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭

I think I have DNS problems with Eircom.

Problems even accessing the router through IE "Server not Found", but "very good" connection on signal strength.

Some websites working, some not at all?

Anyone have same problems? Carbury exchange.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Run -> CMD -> nslookup

Enter a few of the domains you couldnt open. If you get ip addresses then the problem is not with the dns servers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Currently on eircom bb, but always using http://www.opendns.com/ bypassing most/any eircom dns issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

What will opendns do exactly?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Bypass the eircom dns servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Im having different problems with microsoft programmes, most of my internet is grand but neither msn or xbox live will work for me, any of you having the same problem??

• Advertisement

me too. xbox live and messenger cant connect

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Not easy coping without them is it :pac::pac:

curry-muff wrote: »
    Not easy coping without them is it :pac::pac:
    was in the middle of a cod4 game when it went off:mad:

Advertisement