Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduce yourself / Roll call 2011-2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

The SU were trying to bring in the carpark permit, not sure if anything has come of that mind you.

Say it enough times? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭theGavin

Maybe if he says it enough times, then it will actually come true :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Boards is crewed for me today!:D
    theGavin wrote: »
    Maybe if he says it enough times, then it will actually come true :)

Haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭cactus10

Advice: the car park queue doesnt mean squat. It's every man for himself.

Also, beware of girls driving around while texting because you will nearly have 300 separate head-on accidents per semester if you are not aware of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 domibelle

im 20, going into 3rd year advertising :) cant wait to get back :) bring in the socials :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 electrizer_33

how can i open a new thread? cant find the button

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭babi-hrse

thought the thread could use a bump. im a computing student hopefully heading into my second year. 2 repeats to sit before i know :(

babi-hrse wrote: »
    thought the thread could use a bump. im a computing student hopefully heading into my second year. 2 repeats to sit before i know :(

Howdy dowdy. I'm going into 3rd year of computing. Can't. Fecking. Wait.

How do you find computing so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I'm going into 3rd year of computing. Can't. Fecking. Wait.

Give it a month! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Hope to start 1st Year Computing by September, how is it?

• Advertisement

marko93 wrote: »
    Hope to start 1st Year Computing by September, how is it?

It's both fun and interesting if you enjoy programming , or if you have a big interest in computers. Otherwise, you're gonna have a bad time.

It's both fun and interesting if you enjoy programming , or if you have a big interest in computers. Otherwise, you're gonna have a bad time.

Big interest in computers there, told myself I'd try learn some Java this summer but never got around to doing so.

So, as long as I pay attention and put the work in, I'll be fine?

Big interest in computers there, told myself I'd try learn some Java this summer but never got around to doing so.

So, as long as I pay attention and put the work in, I'll be fine?

yeah you will, first few weeks are pretty simple, introducing basic concepts, then you actually get to play around with code :)

yeah you will, first few weeks are pretty simple, introducing basic concepts, then you actually get to play around with code :)

Sounds great, pretty excited. Just waiting for the ole results CAO now.

Good luck with em man :P, just put in the work, some subjects are boring, not gonna lie, but just deal with em and remember better things lie ahead :P

Also, make friends early on. There's loads of group work early on. It also helps in year 2 when you program a big-ish project, as you'll need to work in a group you know and trust.

Good luck with em man :P, just put in the work, some subjects are boring, not gonna lie, but just deal with em and remember better things lie ahead :P
    Also, make friends early on. There's loads of group work early on. It also helps in year 2 when you program a big-ish project, as you'll need to work in a group you know and trust.

Thanks for the advice lads, will keep it in mind.

Never actually been to ITT, does it have a gym for students? :pac:

Hope you don't mind me picking your brains for answers :P

It's no bother, ask away!

No, the college doesn't have a gym, but there are a couple of local gyms. One (the Arena gym) is just down the road.

There are a few local gyms around, but no the college itself doesn't have one

It's no bother, ask away!

No, the college doesn't have a gym, but there are a couple of local gyms. One (the Arena gym) is just down the road.
    There are a few local gyms around, but no the college itself doesn't have one

Cheers!

Have a gym membership till the end of September, hence the question :p

What about college grounds, how many pitches, are there many groups/clubs/sports teams etc.

Eating wise, is there much on offer if I fancied treating myself every so often?

Are all the computers up to date? (heard D.I.T has awful computers, this is why I'm asking)

Any do's and donts you suggest?

• Advertisement

What about college grounds, how many pitches, are there many groups/clubs/sports teams etc.

Yeah, there's a pitch or two and a good few teams; football ; rugby ;etc
    Eating wise, is there much on offer if I fancied treating myself every so often?

There's the cafietera , but the food is rotten. There's a spar around the corner, a centra too and the square, which has burger king, mcdonalds and others.
    Are all the computers up to date? (heard D.I.T has awful computers, this is why I'm asking)

The computers are quite up to date, especially in room 216. They're grand to work on. But , finding an empty lab will be very difficult before 5pm. (Some days may differ)

Hmmmm. Try go to class as much as possible, but that might not happen, some classes are boring as feck. DON'T annoy Howell, he'll be your software developer lecturer, and he's really good at what he does.

Cheers!

Have a gym membership till the end of September, hence the question :p

The college has loads of clubs, from football to archery.

College canteen is muck, but there are some nice places in the square.

Most computers are pretty nice dell/lenevo with i7's and at least 4 gigs of RAM, however some rooms still have old stuff, but most programming classes are done in the room with the good computers, if you have a laptop bring it with you, saves looking for free computers when you need work done, the library has loads of room but crap computers.

Dont go to jobstown :P but seriously, go to every class if possible, if you start falling behind or dont understand something speak up straight away or you will be lost. Talk to your class mates and ask for help get to know people, makes sharing notes and getting help easier.

Yeah, there's a pitch or two and a good few teams; football ; rugby ;etc

There's the cafietera , but the food is rotten. There's a spar around the corner, a centra too and the square, which has burger king, mcdonalds and others.

The computers are quite up to date, especially in room 216. They're grand to work on. But , finding an empty lab will be very difficult before 5pm. (Some days may differ)

Hmmmm. Try go to class as much as possible, but that might not happen, some classes are boring as feck. DON'T annoy Howell, he'll be your software developer lecturer, and he's really good at what he does.
    The college has loads of clubs, from football to archery.

College canteen is muck, but there are some nice places in the square.

Most computers are pretty nice dell/lenevo with i7's and at least 4 gigs of RAM, however some rooms still have old stuff, but most programming classes are done in the room with the good computers, if you have a laptop bring it with you, saves looking for free computers when you need work done, the library has loads of room but crap computers.

Dont go to jobstown :P but seriously, go to every class if possible, if you start falling behind or dont understand something speak up straight away or you will be lost. Talk to your class mates and ask for help get to know people, makes sharing notes and getting help easier.

Thanks lads, really appreciate all the help!

Thanks lads, really appreciate all the help!

no problem man, if any more questions feel free to ask

no problem man, if any more questions feel free to ask

If I can think of anything I certainly will! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Most computers are pretty nice dell/lenevo with i7's and at least 4 gigs of RAM
    Maybe for you guys! We only get XP that takes a week to load up the first time you log in on it. Every single computer I've used is XP. Keeping all the good stuff hidden away? :pac:

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Maybe for you guys! We only get XP that takes a week to load up the first time you log in on it. Every single computer I've used is XP. Keeping all the good stuff hidden away? :pac:

What do you study? I can understand computing getting fast computers, for, err...debugging, yes, that's it..... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Electronic Engineering. Didnt think we'd have used computers as much as we did. I think it was 24 hours of classes, and probably about 10 of them where 100% computer related. The rest (bar Maths) used them every now and then.

Share the wealth? :D

Electronic Engineering. Didnt think we'd have used computers as much as we did. I think it was 24 hours of classes, and probably about 10 of them where 100% computer related. The rest (bar Maths) used them every now and then.

Share the wealth? :D

Don't think we'll be able to, especially this year with all the incoming comp. students. The 3 or 4 computer rooms we have are always full, which makes it hard to get group work done during free time (or play time, whichever you wanna call it).

Damn, first world problems.

• Advertisement

well to be fair we aint allowed to use the engineering computers :P

Advertisement