Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cat/house sitter

Options
  • 19-08-2008 1:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭

Would anyone be interested in cat and house sitting, for various weeks/weekends, not continuous.

Would you mind having a garda clearence as a formality?

Just wondering if this would work.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

If you lived in Waterford, I'd be happy to.

NOTE: Anyone in Waterford, I'll mind cats...

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

fyi medeame - as an individual you can't get "garda clearance". Only organisations who have undertaken training with the Garda Vetting Unit can apply for vetting for their staff/volunteers etc.

I'd advise you try to find someone through your own contacts and/or get references instead.

One of my friends has a reliable teenager who comes in to mind my cats sometimes when I'm away. Ask around your friends, workplace etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

I would love to house-sit for someone and mind their cat - sounds like heaven to me! I'm in Limerick though - DOH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭medeame

Hi,
    MsFifers, because of my private and personal circumstances, under a state organisation, ya, i can get garda clearence for an individual, thanks. (would not dream of turning my home over to anyone without that or my wee cat).

For all other replies, so sorry, forgot to say my whereabouts, am in Galway city area. Will contact people interested by pm then on phone then meet, before i give out home details and plans to travel of course.

Thanks a mil

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Can't find any house sitters but if you can't find anyone and it becomes urgent perhaps try these people http://www.cuddlescattery.ie/

Seems to be a shortage of house sitters in the Galway area good opening for anyone thinking of it.

Try posting on irishanimals.ie and petsireland as well I think there are a couple of people from Galway on there that might know of someone in your area.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭medeame

hi Guinea,
    Thanks for the link, what an amazing site for a cattery with perfect testimonials and wonderful information and pics, am waiting on prices from them now and hope i dont faint at the amount :)

It seems a wonderful place.
    Thanks so much for that link.

regards

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Was looking at the site as well it's a great set up if I lived nearer and had cats lol I would use it myself. Love the safety porch feature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Bambi1985

Hi there

Just wondering if you are still looking for house sitter/s in Galway?

We are two kiwi girls who have recently arrived in Galway (on UK and Irish passports) and are interested in house sitting for people in the city area.

Advertisement