Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for female Bettas

Options
  • 19-08-2008 2:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

I'm looking to set up a 15 gallon Betta (a.k.a Siamese Fighting fish) sorority tank with 4-6 females in it. The only problem is that I can't find any petshops in Dublin that sell females.

Has anyone seen them for sale? Or maybe even breed them themselves?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭brianmc

I'm looking to set up a 15 gallon Betta (a.k.a Siamese Fighting fish) sorority tank with 4-6 females in it. The only problem is that I can't find any petshops in Dublin that sell females.

Has anyone seen them for sale? Or maybe even breed them themselves?

Perhaps you could try asking a shop to order some in for you? Some of them are quite happy to do that.

Also, if you can get out to Brittas to pick them up I know that the shop out there will often order fish for people - you could try sending a PM to serratus who posts on here sometimes, he's the manager. Easier might be to phone them though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LovelyTom

Boardwalk pets has them sometimes, as does Wackers

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

Hi spookymuffin,

Any of the good shops in Dublin will be happy to order them in for you indeed. You can try Wackers, Aquatic Village, Fintastic, the Fish Bowl, ... to mention a few ! :-)

ValerieR
    www.irishfishkeepers.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

Equipet Ashbourne have them in stock at the minute. €1.95 each for the females.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭spookymuffin

Rory123 wrote: »
    Equipet Ashbourne have them in stock at the minute. €1.95 each for the females.

I'll give them a ring tommorow and see will they hold some females for me until Saturday. Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement