Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oz

Options
  • 19-08-2008 8:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

would anyone recommend goin to oz for a year
    is it all its cracked up ta be

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭mrDuke

Its good, but id go with mates if i was you, took me alot longer to meet people in hostels/places than any other back packing place i went, i did thailand and veitnam on my own aswell and never met so many people in my life, always had travel and drinks buddies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

my mum did it, and went to melbourne...she went and said it was alright...she went in 1988.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭the dee

allyg wrote: »

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

allyg wrote: »

No stay in ireland, it's much better, who wants, warm weather, great standard of living, beaches, bbq's anyway:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭irelandsown

mrDuke wrote: »
    Its good, but id go with mates if i was you, took me alot longer to meet people in hostels/places than any other back packing place i went, i did thailand and veitnam on my own aswell and never met so many people in my life, always had travel and drinks buddies.

I'm doing Thailand, Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia on my own before hitting Sydney. Not too worried about Sydney as I have friends there. Did you just meet people in hostels or on excursions etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

my mum did it, and went to melbourne...she went and said it was alright...she went in 1988.

Alright? Alright?... She said I was great.

Yes OP, its another world away and its worth doing at least once in your life.

Stay away from the cities, they can be a very bad example of what the country is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Its great ally

If you’re interested in outdoors activities you’ll love it. I went with friends and found that I met more people when I was on my own.

The Aussie are very like us and have a good since of humor. The weather is great even on their worst days.

If you go with an open mind and no preconceptions you'll have a ball.

If you do go drop by the site and let us know how you go

Would love to get some stories n pics

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dachubba

I cant wait to go but there's no crew going round the same time. mad to hit thailand to vietnam on the way to Oz? is it a problem hittin these small countries on your own?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dachubba

dachubba wrote: »
    I cant wait to go but there's no crew going round the same time. mad to hit thailand to vietnam on the way to Oz? is it a problem hittin these small countries on your own?

Also, who is best travel agent/ agency/airline to book flights with?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

dachubba wrote: »

Shop around, compare prices, offset one agency against the other
    i.e. go to usit get a quote for X and see if trail finders can match or better it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

There are a few chooses.

1. www.gohop.ie
    2. www.ebookers.ie
    3. www.usit.ie
    4. www.australia.ie
    5. www.australianholidays.ie

Or some times you are best to go direct to the airlines webpages and see what deals you can get there .

1. www.singaporeair.com
    2. Quntas
    3. www.emirates.com/

A good site to see the seat setup of all Airlines is

Airline Seating Charts, Best Airplane Seats - SeatGuru

You need to decide if you want to fly direct or have a stop over .

Hope some of this helps .

Advertisement