Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ruggidized phones

• 19-08-2008 9:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭

What manufacturers are still making ruggidized phones as Nokia seem to be after discontinueing their range, I know the new JCB phone is available but its not available on any networks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭RodVelvet

Samsung Solid M110 is available on pretty much all the networks. Has bluetooth and is pretty durable but is also fairly basic. Dust proof, shock proof and splash proof might be what you are looking for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭gofaster_s13

Was told by everyone(including phones sales reps) to steer well clear of it as is giving loads of grief

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I have never seen one but apparently the JCB phones are very good, was told this by a guy who sells the samsung solid. He reckons the solid is crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭gofaster_s13

The JCB phone is supposed to be very good but it's not available on any network, it has to be bought outright and as its a work upgrade its not allowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The samsung solid is really your only option of a Ruggerised upgrade at the moment......would you not be better off get a fancy new phone as your work upgrade (for the weekends) and get the Nokia 5140i as your workphone....

This could be an option...it's a lot better than the samsung....
    http://irishmobile.ie/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=24&products_id=91

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I have a Nokia 5500 Sport that was meant to be quite durable, but it's been through the wars and doesn't really work all that well any more. Guess it wasn't as durable as I'd hoped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭trellheim

I still have a 5500. It doesn't like water.

The JCB phone was on sale last week in Carphone warehouse in Grafton St.

Advertisement